Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Misleading: I flew on a 787.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2006, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Location: In a plane over Europe; I mean in the back of a plane over Europe !!!
Programs: HHonors, Scandic, Priority Club, Marriott, AF/KL FB, BAEC, AB TB, LH M&M
Smile Misleading: I flew on a 787.

Yes, I flew on a 787. Do you think of the new Boeing ? Wrong. I was on AZ787 from NRT to MXP. My last Magnifica flight was on a dreadful MD11, from MIA. It was so poor that for five years I avoided AZ longhaul as hell. I had so the possibility to fly AA,AF,BA,LH, NW and UA in business class. And a few days ago, I was back on AZ, but on a 772. The first thing I noticed is the space. Just a silly example: BA packs eight seat in business and AZ only six on the same kind of plane. And the AVOD was great, and you can imagine my surprise… my last plane had a single cabin screen with a poor quality image. The funny thing I noticed concerns the lounge in NRT. There’re AF and KE operated ones but AZ business class passengers are sent to the VS one! And the KE is just next door to the KE one.
I'm not saying that AZ is better than BA, but at least on this plane they are comparable and if you do not need a flat bed... well the result can be surprising. Even more if you saw the passengers in the BA lounges with the new plastic bags and not a single newspaper for their NRT-LHR on a huge 744.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.