Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EasyJet service at Cathay prices?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2006, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Serving breakfast that early is just daft - as you say it takes away valuable sleep time. Otherwise I think the Sleeper Service is a fine idea, though the lack of choice of dining options for those on tight schedules isn't great.
I agree that the Sleeper Service is a fine idea, but it is poorly communicated (ie not communicated) and poorly executed.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 1:12 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by washingtonian
If you have been working all day and had to rush to the airport and go straight to the gate you may not have eaten for hours and IMHO are entitled to expect more on board than a British Rail sandwich.
Well, thats just the way it is. No food in a BA seat, is still better than most US carriers.

I booked through ba and never received any communication that this was a sleeper service
Online or over the phone? If it was online, it would have been on the screen in front of your very eyes when you clicked Buy Now.

this was a sleeper service that entailed forced starvation for 6 hours.
FORCED STARVATION!!! sandwiches, cookies, hot chocolate, raid the larder, breakfast. STARVATION!!! There are people in the world that really are starving, so don't you dare say that you had forced starvation.

Lewis
Old Mar 9, 2006, 1:16 pm

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
Definition of choice?
See here:
Old Mar 9, 2006, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
I booked through ba and never received any communication that this was a sleeper service that entailed forced starvation for 6 hours.
A bit of an over-reaction? Hardly forced starvation! There is food onboard, admittedly not a 3 course effort but better than 'starvation'

I've done the Sleeper Service from Washington once before and am doing it again on Sunday having flown from IAD a number of times in pre-SS days. I found the service to be anything but cost-cutting to be quite honest. The set-up in the lounge is rather good with the separate dining area for J and room for F. The food was prepared to my liking in front of me and was much better than onboard food ^

I wrote up my last Sleeper Service flight out of IAD here, as a leisure traveller I have the luxury of being able to arrive in time to enjoy the sleeper service ground experience but can understand your standpoint. On my flight in the report the breakfast wasn't served that early which tallies with my previous experiences out of IAD. It appears your flight was something of an anomaly.

It'd be interesting for BA to pilot a Sleeper Service flight with full service on main deck and sleeper zone upstairs or vice versa...
Old Mar 9, 2006, 1:19 pm
Suspended

I booked through ba and never received any communication that this was a sleeper service that entailed forced starvation for 6 hours.
Suzanne is only his dogging name. His real name is Svetlana. But you can call him Svetty.

Actually, you were communicated to several times about the sleeper service, even before you actually selected the flight:

"The price is quoted in US Dollars (USD,$).
For a currency calculator click here.
Prices show the lowest adult fare for your outbound journey on a one-way basis and must be sold as a return fare. Fares exclude taxes, fees and charges of approximately $143.60.
One or more of the flights listed below is a Club World Sleeper Service flight. Click here for further details. Prices exclude the $2.50 September 11th Security Fee for flights departing the USA. "

Which link takes you to:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...l/public/en_us

And once again before you book:

Operated by British Airways
Stretch out into a seat that converts to a 6ft (183cm) fully flat bed
Space, privacy and comfort enabling you to sleep, work and relax
Purchase this fare and you can join the Executive Club. Click here for details.
Lounge access with refreshments, facilities to work, or areas to simply relax
Dine before you fly maximising your sleep time on-board
Light options to four course dining with fine wines and champagne

You can take a horse to water......
Old Mar 9, 2006, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Spot on!

And if one wants further choice, there are other AAirlines operating that route, that do serve full dinners in J on 10pm East Coast departures. And, I'm reliably told, they even serve sundaes topped with nuts and cherries, especially for those who want to eat and make merry! And of course one better be a slow eater on those flights, cause I doubt if one gets any sleep on those kinked, non-flat, non-horizontal J class seats.
Well thAAt airline doesn't fly IAAD-LHR but another one does and on my last flight was unusUAlly good

There is another airline at IAD but they aren't so ViSibile...

Old Mar 9, 2006, 1:25 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by Fraser
Well thAAt airline doesn't fly IAAD-LHR but another one does and on my last flight was unusUAlly good

There is another airline at IAD but they aren't so ViSibile...

. Soooo much choice, and yet, the poor dear, had to suffer thru FORCED STARVATION. tsk tsk. Do I hear the chime of lawsuits? Palm trees anyone...

And krug, did you mean Svetty or Sweaty...?
Old Mar 9, 2006, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

[QUOTE=AJLondon]. Soooo much choice, and yet, the poor dear, had to suffer thru FORCED STARVATION. tsk tsk. Do I hear the chime of lawsuits? Palm trees anyone...

You must be English! On being sent to bed with no food, you just think that nanny is always right.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 2:07 pm

Programs: just above cargo
Are you genuinely this annoyed about it or are you just being paid to spread black PR against BA?
Old Mar 9, 2006, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

. Soooo much choice, and yet, the poor dear, had to suffer thru FORCED STARVATION. tsk tsk. Do I hear the chime of lawsuits? Palm trees anyone...

And krug, did you mean Svetty or Sweaty...?

It's usually Spanky for short, actually. Not sure why though.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 2:12 pm
Suspended

[QUOTE=washingtonian]

You must be English! On being sent to bed with no food, you just think that nanny is always right.
I am waiting for it....did washingtonian suffer "mental anguish" perchance?

And I would rather be sent to bed without food (which is plainly wrong as you still have raid the larder snacks and breakfast both on board and in the Arrivals Lounge) than made to sit in a high chair!
Old Mar 9, 2006, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir?
FORCED STARVATION!!! sandwiches, cookies, hot chocolate, raid the larder, breakfast. STARVATION!!!

Not to mention the crew running around getting food from the Y cabin, to stave off malnutrition until breakfast time.

And the 2nd breakfast in the arrivals lounge. I'm surprised you didn't explode. May be you did.

It can't be....yes it is.... Mr Creosote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 2:23 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

That'll be waffer thin
Old Mar 9, 2006, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[QUOTE=washingtonian]

Oh dear....
Old Mar 9, 2006, 2:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
going to allegations of class snobbery in 5....4.....3....2....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.