Horrible SN Business Seats TLV-BRU

Old Oct 8, 2005, 12:03 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Unhappy Horrible SN Business Seats TLV-BRU

First let me say that the staff, service, food and the seat in economy on the second leg of the trip were fine.

The flight from Tel Aviv to Brussels is a 4.5 hours flight. As it takes off after 1AM and gets in after 5AM this is a flight in which you are likely to want to maximize sleep. Because of some last minute bookings I ended up flying Business on the way to Brussels. The plane was an Airbus A319 and I had seat 1A. I should have figured when the woman at the checkin counter asked if seat 1A was ok with me that she was trying to tell me I should be concerned. I'm tall and since the first row is up against the wall with no seats in front of you to put your feat I was unable to straighten my legs. Since there are no seats in front of you to fold down the tray from the tray is in your armrest. This means that you can't raise the armrest to take advantage of the fact that the seat configuration is such that there is a very narrow non-seat between seats 1A and 1C. As the plane took off I figured I'd hope over to 1C which was empty and sit there where I could raise the armrest. while I sill had no legroom I could at least raise the armrest and sit sort of diagonally. The seats themselves are very nice leather seats with adjustable headrests. However the way this seat's curvature is there was a huge gap between my back and the middle of the seat. Needless to say I got very little sleep at all on this flight. The staff was quite friendly and very attentive but my business the next day suffered from my lack of sleep.

As I said at the start the economy seat on the way back was fine and I was able to get some nice sleep on the way home. I assume that had I been in any other row in Business I also would have had a much better experience but I wasn't and I suffered. SN Brussels seems to be a fine airline but beware of the first row in Business.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.