Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Malta - Information, etc.

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2007, 2:07 am

It has been a long time since I flew in Y on KM but IIRC, the exit row is 11 or 12.

If you call KM 24 hours prior to your flight, then you can secure an exit row seat. Otherwise, you will have to ask at check in.
Old May 14, 2007, 9:50 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Thanks, yow777 and Kibison, especially for the tip on calling them 24 hours before the flight. ^
Old May 17, 2007, 3:20 am

Programs: BA GGL (LTG), Marriott LT Titanium, EK Plat, Amex Cent
Flew them this morning from Sofia to Malta in economy.

It was just fine. Flight left 5 mins early and arrived slightly early also. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Metal was A320, which looked like it had seen better days. The aircraft was all econ seating and seats were not assigned prior to boarding. I was travelling with 2 very young kids, so we got priority boarding, although the flight was less than half full)

Food was OK I guess.

I didn't need to reconfirm my booking.

They did look quite confused when I presented my OK Plus card for mileage - probably I'll have to email off my boarding passes!

All in all, perfectly fine and uneventful journey.
Old May 28, 2007, 1:34 pm

Programs: BA GGL (LTG), Marriott LT Titanium, EK Plat, Amex Cent
Flew back yesterday, and it was great.

One issue however. The check in agent refused to put in my Ok Plus cards saying that Air Malta had no relationship with CSA. I tried to explain that on the way out I had earned miles (I had checked my account the night before) but the silly chap was having none of it.

Then he printed off boarding passes with my OK Plus number on - it had obviously remained in the system from the outbound flight.

It was an early flight and the familly was with me so I didn't make too much of an issue of it
Old Mar 25, 2008, 9:01 am

Best collecting options Air Malta

I'm likely to be doing a couple of Air Malta short flights each year but kicking off with 4 legs next week - Uk - Malta - Southern Italy and return. I'd planned on collecting Lufthansa points but is their own program worth joining or is there a better choice?
Old Mar 25, 2008, 9:13 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Club Platinum,AB Top Bonus , LH Miles & More, Virgin Flying Club
Air Malta Miles on others Frequent Flyer Programms

Hello Gareth Morgan,

i have a choice for you.

Take Czech Airlines OK Plus Programm to collect all your Air Malta Flights.

I can werb you with 2000 Miles for a friendship invite in the Programm.

When you have more interest, don `t hesitate and PM me.

Greetz,

Svenfly

P.S.: You must only collect all 3 Years to hold the Miles in the Account.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Once again, CSA is the way to go.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 3:31 pm

Is that so good that it's worth setting up another account?
Old Mar 26, 2008, 7:26 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Club Platinum,AB Top Bonus , LH Miles & More, Virgin Flying Club
Hello Gareth Morgan,

CSA OK Plus, is also good to collect AIR MALTA Flights, then FLYPASS from Air Malta is not really good.

Miles & More Miles left overtime is 3 Years.

Is your Choice.

Have you any Question you also can PM me!!!

Greetz,

Svenfly
Old May 21, 2008, 7:26 am

Programs: CO Silver, Miles and More Silver
Bump Bump

I thought I would give this thread a bump rather than start a new one.

I am booked to fly with Air Malta (KM) FCO-MLA-FCO this summer. I had a couple of questions. First does anyone have an current experience on this carrier (the postings here are bit dated)? I am not sure what to expect.

Also there was talk on this thread and some others that one could put KM miles into an OK+ account. Is this still the case? I am on the CO FF program, but was thinking maybe opening up an OK+ account (I will be flying them a bit this summer as well) putting the miles there. But dont know if it would be worth it, as not sure of what the redemption rates are for OK. Moreover because OK is in Skyteam I am more tempted just to fly OK and have the miles be placed in my CO account, and not even bother with the KM flights.

Any advise or comments would be most welcome.

Thanks
COFan
Old May 21, 2008, 8:07 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
I flew Air Malta with my parents LGW-MLA-LHR at the start of the month and was generally impressed.

They now have an all-Airbus A319/320 fleet. The aircraft I flew on were clean - seat design is a little old fashioned but again, fine. Seat pitch is the standard 31-32 inches. I got good seats by using online checkin.

The complementary food is fine (nothing amazing) and they offer you a complimentary beer or wine or soft drink with the meal. Further soft drinks are free, but you pay for beer/wine/spirits.

The crew (especially those in charge) were clearly very experienced and offered good service.

Most importantly, the flights ran on time and the experience felt much like flying any average European scheduled carrier.

I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Last edited by House; May 21, 2008 at 8:27 am
Old May 21, 2008, 10:34 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by COFan
I thought I would give this thread a bump rather than start a new one.

I am booked to fly with Air Malta (KM) FCO-MLA-FCO this summer. I had a couple of questions. First does anyone have an current experience on this carrier (the postings here are bit dated)? I am not sure what to expect.

Also there was talk on this thread and some others that one could put KM miles into an OK+ account. Is this still the case? I am on the CO FF program, but was thinking maybe opening up an OK+ account (I will be flying them a bit this summer as well) putting the miles there. But dont know if it would be worth it, as not sure of what the redemption rates are for OK. Moreover because OK is in Skyteam I am more tempted just to fly OK and have the miles be placed in my CO account, and not even bother with the KM flights.

Any advise or comments would be most welcome.

Thanks
COFan
I'd recommend you to put your OK miles on your CO-account instead, that will help you more towards status and redemption. Either open a OK account or KM account (http://www.airmalta.com/frequent-flyer?l=1) and put the miles there instead.
Old May 22, 2008, 6:39 am

Programs: CO Silver, Miles and More Silver
Thank you House and Gnopps for your relpies.

House, I happend to check a.net last night, is that your MLA trip report?

anyway thanks again I am looking forward to the trip!

COFan
Old May 27, 2008, 9:19 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by COFan
Thank you House and Gnopps for your relpies.

House, I happend to check a.net last night, is that your MLA trip report?

anyway thanks again I am looking forward to the trip!

COFan

Not my trip report - will have a look though!

Hope you have a pleasant trip to Malta.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
What is the ontime reliability of KM? I am thinking of a late night (1130p) flight CTA to MLA. I thought it was a turnaround from MLA but it would appear the flight is coming from somewhere else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.