Calling all OK+ members.

Old Apr 12, 05, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Calling all OK+ members.

Please email [email protected] to voice your disapproval of the changes in AFKL earnings (cheap booking classes) to 25%. There has been some contact already and they are indicating they could re-consider their position.
Old Apr 12, 05, 12:50 pm

Programs: TK Gold
I will do that right away. Meanwhile, try booking NW-coded KLM flights instead (if available) to get 100% in V.

Done! I wrote them a honest letter about what I find good with OK Plus and that with reduced earnings I might as well switch back to Star alliance. I was really looking forward to my OK Plus membership and then came these changes (not so many changes really, but still affect me a lot).

Last edited by PappaG; Apr 12, 05 at 1:11 pm Reason: sent my mail
Old Apr 12, 05, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

That's at least 3 of us then

Any lurkers out there?
There can't only be three OK+ members over FT. Tell them, post here about it and if we are successful I'll hand out bottles of Becherovka.
Old Apr 13, 05, 5:11 am

I got an empty mail as answer, is that normal?
Congratulations graraps on your 2000 posts!
Old Apr 13, 05, 7:40 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by PappaG
I got an empty mail as answer, is that normal?

No, this is not normal

Maybe just reply to that post and enquire about it. Anyway, I have already mailed them about this whole situation and did get a I would say positive reply. This is what they replied

"your comments will be given to OK Plus Senior manager as customer request to change the rules. In case OK Plus FFP will change its mileage policy you´ll be informed in some of future OK Plus News. This change can not affect flights already taken.

Thank you for your understanding.

Yours sincerely

Radek Cizek
OK Plus Service Centre

CSA - OK Plus, V Celnici 5, 110 00 Prague 1, Czech Republic
Phone: +420-239 007 500
Fax: +420-220 104 705
www.ok-plus.com www.czechairlines.com"

I thinks this sounds positive. Anyway, do press on that it is a laughter that they can offer 25% only for those tickets. I know that those classes are the cheapest, but still paying 100+ €s for those so called cheap tickets and getting peanuts back from it.. very very bad. Come on, staying at night at the hotel is even more worth it than flying for nearly double times the miles!

If I were to pay like 60+Euro for the whole ticket, ok, I will accept the 25% of miles.. but for 100+ € (I think there are no tickets less than 130€ even for those so called take-off fare).

So, I do urge all OK+ members to fight for this cause.

Old Apr 13, 05, 8:56 am

I just got a reply from the very same man. It said what the changes were but unfortunately nothing about forwarding my request to management.

I agree with you that when paying say €50-60 or less in base fare without taxes for a roundtrip I can accept lower miles. But other than that it is just ridicilous (using my SAS statement as example):
SAS Economy discounted HEL-CPH: 175 points
Hotel stay ARN: 300 points
SAS Member Survey: 500 points

It is like the discourage me from flying, everything else get me more points!
Old Apr 13, 05, 1:38 pm

I'm a member

Both my wife & I are ok+ members,because were Czech.
But since we live in the US, all my mileage earned on CSA is being deposited into my Delta Skymiles account.

But I will mail them to help.
Old Apr 13, 05, 2:50 pm

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
I emailed them to let them know their vacation packages were for 2004. They emailed back asking me where they could find them on their website. Hmmmm
Old Apr 13, 05, 3:48 pm

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
Welcome to the real world!

I am also an OK Plus member but not that active. So far I prefer to fly Air Canada.

It has been a while since certain airlines award fewer points for cheaper tickets. Buisnesswise, it is only fair. Personally I am not that happy about it.

Even when booking *alliance from YUL to PRG, I now avoid Austrian (reduced mileage and no possibility to upgrade) and certain Lufthansa booking classes (like W).

On the other hand for those who wish to fly YUL/YYZ/NYC-PRG in OK business class (D booking classs), it is an excellent deal pricewise and you get 200% points.

I fly usually YUL-FRA-PRG on AC/LH in H class and often get upgrade over the Atlantic because of my status with Air Canada.
Old Apr 13, 05, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Vaclav
It has been a while since certain airlines award fewer points for cheaper tickets. Buisnesswise, it is only fair.
It's not "fair" or "unfair". It's stupid. The whole idea of a FFP is to make flyers less price-sensitive, since miles don't cost airlines that much. If Skyteam don't want to reward my loyalty, Air Berlin also flies all over Europe with comparable service and at significantly better prices!
Old Apr 14, 05, 6:29 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by graraps
It's not "fair" or "unfair". It's stupid. The whole idea of a FFP is to make flyers less price-sensitive, since miles don't cost airlines that much. If Skyteam don't want to reward my loyalty, Air Berlin also flies all over Europe with comparable service and at significantly better prices!

This is a very true statement. Furthermore, I think one of the main reason to be within a certain FFP is to also show loyalty towards a certain airline/alliance to benefit from the perks we gain later on after certain number of trips/miles. We don't mind paying a bit more just to show our loyalty with the airline/alliance, but if they are going to repay such loyalty by dumping such rules, of course they will loose out on members. I have stuck with ST so far because one of the perks is that they "used" to be rather generous with their miles, but if they are going to have such stingy rules, than I would now certainly look at other airlines since they have much better pricing or rules. Why would I want to go on ST since from where I am, it is always a connecting flight and truthfully service is not as good as with some of their competitors based here in BRU

Well, just my 0.02€ on this reduction.

Old Apr 14, 05, 7:17 am

Well, like it or not, fair or unfair...

Unfortunately for all of us, those are the new realities. SQ, BA and then LH started the trend of rewarding lower number of points for cheaper tickets, the other are now following in their steps. AA started all this "point madness" more then 15 years ago, the others followed quickl because they had no choice. We have got so used to getting those miles that we take it for granted. There is still certain cost per mile to the airlines. There are really no free lunches in the world we live in, so we'd better get used to it and enjoy what is left while it lasts.
Old Apr 14, 05, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Vaclav
There are really no free lunches in the world we live in, so we'd better get used to it and enjoy what is left while it lasts.
Since when do I get a free lunch if I pay 50 Euros extra to fly my airline of choice as opposed to a rival because after 30 segments they give me lounge access- which I can buy for 20 or 25 Euros a go?
The focus on rewarding high-yield pax is freaking pointless because most if not all status benefits are included in the price of a premium tkt. Look at BA: it is both easier and cheaper to earn miles by recycling travellers cheques than actually flying. Does this make any sense to you??? Does it not defeat the point of a loyalty scheme???
Old Apr 14, 05, 4:22 pm

There is no loyalty there either

Regarding th eprogram I know well - Aeroplan of Air canada - it is sometimes easier to accumulate more points by applying for and using various credit cards. We have not started recycling travellers cheques yet but may start soon.

Those programs have now very little to do with frequent flying and my prediction is that they will not be around much longer, at least not in the existing form. The changes that we see now are already a proof.

So enjoy what you have, get what you can get and hope for the best, please do not get upset or lose sleep over it, it is not worth it.
Old Apr 18, 05, 9:49 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, OK Plus Gold
Another OK Plus member here

I am certain that there must be more OK+ members here, but it is quite difficult to find this thread. Maybe we should try to convince the administrator to position it among all the big programs. It is a SkyTeam member anyway.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: