Wiki Posts
Search

Czech Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2010, 3:26 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by rejden
good for you, but for me the changes are insane, I already was waiting 3 - 6 hours in Prague on in-bound for Athens / Skopje and now they reduce the flights to Bratislava to a two a day? All this years I was avoiding Vienna because it was more convenient to fly from BTS but now after I get my platinum, hunderds of thousands of miles I need to switch to different alliance, makes me really sad I just hope they won't go bankrupt before I spent my close to 400k miles which I have on them and I don't use them very often, only for mi wife thou. I'm going to get 2x business class round the world soon and bye bye Czech Airlines.

CSA sucks big time.

Any hints for Card Match to star alliance? Miles and More would be good, since both Lufthansa and Austrian have a good footing in Vienna.

really, really sad
If you already had to wait 6hrs, why did you not switch to another route earlier?

I fly the ATH route regularly as well, and I usually have a connection within 45 minutes of arriving in Prague.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 5:25 am

Programs: BA Silver, * Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold AMEX Plat'm, Marriott Titan'm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kvet01
ComputerCommuter - if your locations and your screenname imply that you regularly commute between LHR and PRG then that problem will solve itself in a few months - unless you decide to put in a stopover on your way, and fly CSA from/to PRG. But the red sauce indeed would not be the reason to do that :-)
Sadly I'm following the red sauce around as I'm now a regular on the PRG-AMS route for the next few months.

On the subject of LHR, was chatting to the crew on yesterday's flight, they say that everyone was speechless when the news about the UK being scrapped was broken. No one can believe it and he said that they expected other premium routes to go soon as they sell slots off for cash.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 2:35 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, FB Silver, BA Silver, AMB PC Plat Amb, CX Gold, Hertz 5*,HH Gold,AClub Plat
Originally Posted by Gnopps
Is this the red sauce you are talking about? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...-y-c-pics.html

To serve a business class meal of fried cheese and chopped vegetables (note not salad) really felt sub-standard.
That is the classic Red Stuff........however, amazingly, yesterday, for the first time in over a year, on OK623 AMS-PRG...there was NO Red Stuff.....but we got Grey Stuff instead.......will upload a pic later today. It was worse then the Red Stuff in the end....
Old Sep 15, 2010, 6:48 am

Programs: BA Silver, * Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold AMEX Plat'm, Marriott Titan'm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bobsmo
That is the classic Red Stuff........however, amazingly, yesterday, for the first time in over a year, on OK623 AMS-PRG...there was NO Red Stuff.....but we got Grey Stuff instead.......will upload a pic later today. It was worse then the Red Stuff in the end....
Is that the grey green stuff that comes with the odd tasting chicken covered in the white seeds?
Old Sep 15, 2010, 10:03 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, FB Silver, BA Silver, AMB PC Plat Amb, CX Gold, Hertz 5*,HH Gold,AClub Plat
Originally Posted by ComputerCommuter
Is that the grey green stuff that comes with the odd tasting chicken covered in the white seeds?
Sadly, no:

Old Sep 15, 2010, 4:58 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Looks like CSA may have entered the soylent green, grey and red era prematurely.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by bobsmo
Sadly, no:

Thankfully I haven't had this yet. But as they say there is always a first time and now I worried at what tonight's 623 has in store for me
Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by Gnopps
Looks like CSA may have entered the soylent green, grey and red era prematurely.
Is it me but it seems it wasn't that long ago when we were given a menu to choose from and had nice lamb in herds (my favourite) beef and lovely chicken dishes - well lovely for airline food I mean. There was also a good choice of wines.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 3:04 am

Programs: QR Gold
Originally Posted by Xandrios
If you already had to wait 6hrs, why did you not switch to another route earlier?

I fly the ATH route regularly as well, and I usually have a connection within 45 minutes of arriving in Prague.
for 10 flights to Athens via Prague, I only was waiting two times longer than 4 hours on the inbound flight, but all other were fine.

The problem is that they change schedule so often, I hardly keep it up with my own schedule....
Old Sep 16, 2010, 3:05 am

Programs: QR Gold
Originally Posted by Xandrios

forget to mention, I'm not flying CSA to Athens anymore, I'm flying alitalia from Vienna via Rome, it's faster and more convenient,
Old Sep 18, 2010, 9:45 am

Programs: CSA OK+ Gold, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Accor Club Platinum
Originally Posted by letel
It was/is possible to book only a trip between PRG-BRQ but as far as I remember (I made a simulation on the booking system some times ago) it was much more expensive than the 700 CZK mentioned.
I believe that flight itself isn't "directly" highly profitable but what needs to be studied are the "undirect" profits: how many passengers fly CSA from Prague
The point I was making was that the difference in price between BRQ-anywhere and PRG-anywhere is about CZK 1500 at best. So that means about CZK 700 each segment to cover for PRG-BRQ. The rate for BRQ-PRG-BRQ hovers around CZK 7000, but flying to PRG from BRQ just to go to Prague takes too much time. Only the train is (slightly) slower.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA 1P; Delta Silver; CSA Silver
Any suggestion what to exchange OK Plus Gold car for? I usually fly from London mainly to Baltics, former Yugoslavia and Middle East. Any other European Airline that offers free system-wide upgrades for elites? Thanks.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:24 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I have not heard of any others doing this on Intra-Europe flights. CSA is the only one as far as I know..
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:53 am

Programs: OZ*G, AZ Gold, Etihad Gold, SK*G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by DanDuda
Any suggestion what to exchange OK Plus Gold car for? I usually fly from London mainly to Baltics, former Yugoslavia and Middle East. Any other European Airline that offers free system-wide upgrades for elites? Thanks.
AirBaltic's BalticMiles?
Old Sep 21, 2010, 2:01 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by DanDuda
I think RO used to do it but they now changed to Flying Poo...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.