Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Czech Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2006, 10:01 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by valerief
Have there been a change in aircraft used or is it still the same?
Pretty much the same. Transatlantic flights still on A310s. For the main European fleet, after stocking up on more secondhand 737s they have made the big change to Airbus 320s, secondhand ones at first then going on to factory-new ones at present. CSA is still expanding across Europe and developing easy-west hub connection traffic through Prague.

The ATRs still operate the local routes (as they do in many European countries). Those who dislike them (above !) should have got a ride on one of their Antonov 24 predecessors.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 8:59 am

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Silver, UA Premier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Pref Biz
still true

I flew CSA from JFK to Prague last year. The smaller planes really stick out since many of the other international carriers in the same terminal.

The service was good, but I felt very cramped. The person in front of my companion insisted on reclining his seat all the way back so that his head was in her lap, knocking over her water bottle. Plus, we hit pretty bad turbulence on the way home, and you could hear the meal carts and utensils go flying in the back of the plane.

However, you cannot beat the price, and they even offer upgrades at check-in for what amounted to the price of my round-trip economy ticket.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 1:53 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Please continue the discussion in the Other European FFPs forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
TravelBuzz moderator
Old Jun 12, 2008, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
General Comments about Czech?

My girlfriend is flying from Toronto to Buchaest via Prague this summer on Czech. She does not fly often (really just this one annual trip to visit her family; she was raised in Bucharest) and when she flies to see me. She just picked the flight off Travelocity as the best combination of fare and schedule. When we were talking last week she expressed some nervousness, she was, after all raised in an environment where everything in Eastern Europe didn't work quite right!

If anyone has any comments about how to make the experience more pleasant than it might otherwise be, comments would be appreciated.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 2:31 pm

Location: Who the hell knows, most times I end up putting down the wrong room number!
Programs: AC *E, OK Plus Gold, HH Diamond
Anyone fly this season from YYZ to PRG? I flew a bunch of times over the last 6 years and am hoping for new seats in business!?! But I think I'm dreaming.

CSA is a great airline with an excellent safety record - I think they won European Airline of the year several years back or maybe last year. Redtop you should just tell your girlfriend to indulge in the Becherovka on board and everything will be ok. The new PRG airport is also good for shopping and hanging out.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 12:38 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by redtop43
If anyone has any comments about how to make the experience more pleasant than it might otherwise be, comments would be appreciated.
It's still the same as I commented a few posts (and 2˝ years ago !) about CSA, they are fine. Still using the A310s on transatlantic flights. They do a lot of connecting traffic through Prague, a routing from Toronto to Bucharest is standard stuff for them. The airport at Prague is particularly well organised for connections, no need to go through immigration or anything.

THre are a good selection of shops at Prague, but bear in mind that while Canadian $ will be accepted on the flight from Canada, the shops and restaurants in Prague airport work principally in Czech Crowns of course, although many also work in Euros as well. You can of course use a credit card.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 8:22 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
According to this article (in Czech) the PRG-JFK route will be served by the only 310 in their new livery (refurbished both C and Y cabins, for Y see a picture in the article, for C see here). The second aircraft will stay as is and is to be used for charters, and the board approved the sale of the remaining two already in the spring, with no contract signed as yet.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by WHBM
The airport at Prague is particularly well organised for connections, no need to go through immigration or anything.
That depends on where you're connecting from and to. If you're connecting from Toronto (outside Schengen) to Budapest (inside Schengen), you will definitely have to go through immigration in Prague.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RedChili
That depends on where you're connecting from and to. If you're connecting from Toronto (outside Schengen) to Budapest (inside Schengen), you will definitely have to go through immigration in Prague.
True, but it's incredibly quick anyway...
Old May 26, 2009, 11:11 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Some friend are considering TLV-PRG-JFK this August. It comes out about $150 cheaper per person than flying CO TLV-EWR so with 2 adults and 2 kids they'll save around $600. The connection times are abou 1.5 hours on the way to the US and 3.5 hours on the way back.

I've tried to search this section for Czech and "ok" and haven't found a whole lot of information. It isn't clear to me whether the posts about CSA and CZA are this airline or a LCC as some posts mention selling food onboard.

Any input about OK would be welcome. Is the 1.5 hour connection going to be cutting it too close? Is OK typically on time? Any AVOD or other entertainment to look forward to? They have CO and NW FFQs so they'd likely credit to on of those programs.
Old May 27, 2009, 1:38 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
The topic is about FF programs, and for CSA it's called OK+. There are many threads here about all aspects of OK+ and CSA, one that probably will be interesting for you to read is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...-old-a310.html.

See if you can't make a 24-48h stopover in PRG, it might be a nice add-on to your vacation.

Enjoy!
Old May 27, 2009, 3:06 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Some friend are considering TLV-PRG-JFK this August. It comes out about $150 cheaper per person than flying CO TLV-EWR so with 2 adults and 2 kids they'll save around $600. The connection times are abou 1.5 hours on the way to the US and 3.5 hours on the way back.

I've tried to search this section for Czech and "ok" and haven't found a whole lot of information. It isn't clear to me whether the posts about CSA and CZA are this airline or a LCC as some posts mention selling food onboard.

Any input about OK would be welcome. Is the 1.5 hour connection going to be cutting it too close? Is OK typically on time? Any AVOD or other entertainment to look forward to? They have CO and NW FFQs so they'd likely credit to on of those programs.
OK has a very good on-time record but there is no AVOD on their flights (unless you are in business long-haul where you get a hand-held player). Food is still free on the planes but they recently started charging if you want anything besides juice/water on the flights (don't know if this applies to JFK-PRG as well). 1.5h is no problems in PRG. And since they are a member of Skyteam you can credit the flights to NW or CO (before CO leaves for Star alliance that is). Though the airline isn't as good as it was 2-3 years ago it is still a good airline that I'd recommend.
Old May 27, 2009, 4:49 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, FB Silver, BA Silver, AMB PC Plat Amb, CX Gold, Hertz 5*,HH Gold,AClub Plat
Originally Posted by Gnopps
(unless you are in business long-haul where you get a hand-held player).
Note, last 2x to JFK, they were no longer handing this out or even as an option...movies were on the overheads and center screens, that was it. Nor listed as an option in the in-flight magazine.
Old May 27, 2009, 5:14 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by bobsmo
Note, last 2x to JFK, they were no longer handing this out or even as an option...movies were on the overheads and center screens, that was it. Nor listed as an option in the in-flight magazine.
That is funny... On their webpage they save they have switched for new media-players:

On long-haul flights, you can listen to six audio channels, offering selections of Czech national music, country, jazz, pop, rock, and classical music. If you are travelling in Business Class, you can make your flight more pleasant by watching international films, listening to music of various genres, playing games or viewing photos. In order to do this, just ask our cabin crew to lend you a personal iPod touch player.
Old May 28, 2009, 5:14 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, FB Silver, BA Silver, AMB PC Plat Amb, CX Gold, Hertz 5*,HH Gold,AClub Plat
Originally Posted by Gnopps
That is funny... On their webpage they save they have switched for new media-players:

On long-haul flights, you can listen to six audio channels, offering selections of Czech national music, country, jazz, pop, rock, and classical music. If you are travelling in Business Class, you can make your flight more pleasant by watching international films, listening to music of various genres, playing games or viewing photos. In order to do this, just ask our cabin crew to lend you a personal iPod touch player.

Could be new...last trip was March....I'm sure I have to go at least 1 more time soon, so we shall see....last year they still had those old huge Sony Video Walkmans.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.