Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spanair - how to buy tickets?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2003, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Spanair - how to buy tickets?

There are some great fares on http://www.spanair.com/en - eg, MAD-AGP for EUR68 return incl tax - and obviously you can get *A credit and *G lounge access too.

But how do you buy the ticket if you're not in Spain? The website stipulates either post to a Spanish address or pick up a Spanair ticket desk within 72 hours.

Incidentally, these fares are not ticketable on Expedia (apparently no agreement with JK) and are significantly more expensive on Opodo and other agency websites.
Old Aug 13, 2003, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
As nobody seems to have worked this one out, here is the very fast, and very courteous response from Spanair:

Thank you very much for contact with Spanair by Internet... If you would like we can offer the new service "Ticket on Departure", as we charge your ticket on your credit card after you have requested it immediately and you can pick it up at Spanair ticket office in Madrid airport at least one hour before departure. If you would like this service, please choose the option "Pick up at Airport" and the "Special Requests" Box please indicate that you want the option "Ticket on Departure".

It all sounds very sensible, so I hope it works!

Incidentally, has anyone had any experiences on Spanair recently? Any light you can shed on the lounges (*G access?) or inflight service (food & drink?) would be appreciated.

As it's a bit quiet in here, I'll cross-post this question to the Star board too.
Old Aug 14, 2003, 6:53 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kt74:
Incidentally, has anyone had any experiences on Spanair recently? Any light you can shed on the lounges (*G access?) or inflight service (food & drink?) would be appreciated.
</font>
I flew them in June on a brand new airplane (EC-IPI) which made the experience very good. You can read my trip report here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum81/HTML/003835.html
and there is another one by ORD Finn here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum81/HTML/003440.html

Don't forget to tell us how your experience was!

[This message has been edited by PappaG (edited 08-14-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.