Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

First Time Icelandic Air Flyer - Baggage Questions

First Time Icelandic Air Flyer - Baggage Questions

Old Dec 3, 2022, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Radisson Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Newbie, DL,AA,VS,UA,VX,WN,CO (in a pinch)
Question First Time Icelandic Air Flyer - Baggage Questions

Curious how ridged Icelandic Air has been on baggage sizes, lately. I bought new carry-on bags, that SHOULD fit carry-on; weight is not an issue. Their dimension pictures don't include the wheels, I meet that - but if SIZE includes wheels, could be an issue. Thanks ahead for any recent traveler experiences.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Radisson Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Newbie, DL,AA,VS,UA,VX,WN,CO (in a pinch)
As a follow-up, I opted to return the baggage and traveled with more flexible bags. As it turned out, flying out of Dulles, there was no baggage size checking enforced. The flight was only half full and they announced, if you had more than one carry-on bag, the would check the 2nd FOR FREE. Their policy is to charge up to $99 if you connect beyond Iceland.

And, as a final note to pass on, they state the 'Carry-On' bag should not exceed 7.8 inches in width. I measured their baggage checking cage at the airport, the actual dimensions are:

Carry-On : 22" x 10"
Personal Item: 16" x 6"

So now you know ...
gretchendz and jb64 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.