Condor A330 IFE

Old Apr 11, 2022, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue, Marriott Rewards
Condor A330 IFE

Has anyone been on the A330, what is the IFE like? How good are the seats in biz? Looking for some reviews online.
islaygirl likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
Bumping as I am also considering JFK-FRA and they are now showing the A330 on the route.
Old May 18, 2022, 11:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Just look at Etihad A330 review. Condor got the aircraft from them and they did not change the interior. I'm on their SEA-FRA next Monday and will have a better idea.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old May 19, 2022, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite

(YouTube of a shorter flight, doesn't look like they turn the IFE on for shorter flights?)

https://www.condor.com/eu/fly-enjoy/...-programme.jsp

I'll be on SEA-FRA May 28th so I can report back as well.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; May 19, 2022 at 1:38 pm
Old May 24, 2022, 7:34 am

I can now confirm there is no IFE on Condor A330. There is also no Wi-Fi. The hard product in business is tired and three seats, including mine, did not go completely flat. The soft product was decent. The service was well presented and they were not overbearing.. Probably would not fly with them again.
eponymous_coward and ashill like this.
Old May 24, 2022, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by minhaoxue
I can now confirm there is no IFE on Condor A330. There is also no Wi-Fi. The hard product in business is tired and three seats, including mine, did not go completely flat. The soft product was decent. The service was well presented and they were not overbearing.. Probably would not fly with them again.
That's really surprising (and not indicated anywhere on their site) that they fly dark planes on 10 hour flights with no IFE.
ashill and brewster like this.
Old May 24, 2022, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
That's really surprising (and not indicated anywhere on their site) that they fly dark planes on 10 hour flights with no IFE.
true, but I guess they feel these aircraft are only a stop gap until they receive their A330 neo. About an hour after take off, they served the meal and the. Instructed passengers to lower their window shades and turned off the lights . Nothing for the next 8+ hours.. I already down loaded a few movies on my phone for my return Friday.
Old May 27, 2022, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess we will see. A text about my flight later today:

Dear passenger, on your upcoming Condor Flight we offer our Wireless Entertainment “FlyStream”.
Stream more than 20 movies and 100 TV episodes on your mobile device!
Remember to charge your device before your flight! Your Condor Team
Old May 27, 2022, 11:59 pm

I guess we will see. A text about my flight later today:
I can verify this. My return flight did have "fly stream" and I counted around 12 movies and more than half the TV shows were in either German or another foreign language. Our problem was there was no charging available because the system was not working.And by them stating to charge your device before your flight, it appears it still not working. I had to save power on my phone because I Needed my boarding pass for my connecting flight. I guess my inbound flight was your outbound flight
Old May 29, 2022, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by minhaoxue
true, but I guess they feel these aircraft are only a stop gap until they receive their A330 neo. About an hour after take off, they served the meal and the. Instructed passengers to lower their window shades and turned off the lights . Nothing for the next 8+ hours.. I already down loaded a few movies on my phone for my return Friday.
That is just shameful I would have expected much better from Condor.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: Qantas LTG, WestJet Plat
It is mentioned, just randomly on the A330-200 fleet page, rather than the entertainment page.
It's supposed to be working now that it's after May 2022...?
Old Jun 26, 2022, 9:48 pm

Programs: AS, DL, AA, AC, BA, UA
Still no IFE and no charging but BYOD entertainment worked and generally impressed with everything else on my 10 hour flight. Four course dinner - I had to skip the cheese course as the first two courses are like entire coach meals and I did want to save room for the chocolate mousse. Decent but not amazing single course breakfast. Seats were great - mine went full flat and I got decent sleep. Nice blanket. In retrospect, the lack of IFE probably was helpful in getting me to sleep. Kinda boring flight outside the meals and that’s kinda what you want on an overnighter.
brewster likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 9:19 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by newbie_flyer
Still no IFE and no charging but BYOD entertainment worked and generally impressed with everything else on my 10 hour flight. Four course dinner - I had to skip the cheese course as the first two courses are like entire coach meals and I did want to save room for the chocolate mousse. Decent but not amazing single course breakfast. Seats were great - mine went full flat and I got decent sleep. Nice blanket. In retrospect, the lack of IFE probably was helpful in getting me to sleep. Kinda boring flight outside the meals and that’s kinda what you want on an overnighter.
Thanks for that update. A relative is flying SEA-FRA tonight and we're doing likewise in a couple of days. We've flown DE several times and always found the service pleasant and the food quite satisfactory. The website advertises USB ports and power outlets as "available from July 2022" but they don't specify which specific date in July so we won't count on it.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
Any updates? The A330 page no longer mentions IFE or USB power as not available/coming soon.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Equipment swapped

Looks like condor has been swapping the 332 for 767 on several routes. Anyone had this experience recently?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.