Wiki Posts
Search

Vueling Denied Boarding

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2021, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Vueling Denied Boarding

My wife and children have been denied boarding for ORY-BFS this evening as insisting on a pre-departure COVID test for the children (14 & 12), test taken at the airport but results not available in time, am I correct that these tests were not required?

Currently in a taxi heading to CDG to catch the EasyJet flight, do they need to update their UK PLF with details of the flight change?
Old Nov 2, 2021, 3:25 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
A quick check (didn't read all now) and it looks like a negative test was indeed required: https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles...-country#toc-6
Old Nov 3, 2021, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
I'd read that Gnopps, the paragraph above, states in my understanding that as they are NI resident tests not required.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by noniron
I'd read that Gnopps, the paragraph above, states in my understanding that as they are NI resident tests not required.
I agree. They would be "deemed fully vaccinated" according to this page and, therefore, not required to take a pre-departure test. This looks to me like a wrongful denial of boarding, entitling them to Reg 261/2004 compensation or refund of the extra costs incurred as a consequence of this wrongful denial of compensation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.