Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air Europa Eco Light: ASR for Skyteam Elite+ Advantages?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2021, 12:09 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

For a new assignment, I can choose either Iberia or Air Europa. I am OW Sapphire. Thus, an advantage of choosing IB would be free advanced seat reservations.

However, I'm strongly considering using Air Europa/UX instead as I'm still working on renewing Skyteam Elite+ status. My status in not with UX Suma (but with Delta). Does UX grant any advantages to ST elites other than their own when it comes to seating? I'm thinking like waived ASR fees or seat blocking with a good chance of getting exit row seats and the like.

I did search through UX's web site and didn't find anything. Therefore, my current working assumption is they just adhere to standard ST rules, so no advantages wrt seating.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Given that Air Europa is in the process of being bought by Iberia any links with SkyTeam will soon be severed.

That does not mean that UX will be immediatly joining One World though.
FlyerTalker324193 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
I believe that currently ST E+ does carry over to UX. If you make a dummy booking and you enter your FF number, when you're taken to select a seat you'll see which are available to you and cost, if any (which should be 0).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.