Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Vueling - change of origin due to invol. schedule change?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2021, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite

I received a schedule change notification for my cheap BCN flight in Aug. It is stated in the email that I am allowed to rebook +/- 60 days. I just checked that I'm actually able to make such date change online (without payment of add. fare), i.e. I'm able to change date to much more expensive dates in July if that is what I wanted. Great.

However, it made my wonder: Would Vueling also entertain a change of origin (within 200 miles and same country) without recalc. of the fare due to invol. schedule change? (because that flight is more convenient than my current rebooked flight). Obviously, I will have to call Vueling to achieve such rebooking if possible at all. Any first hand experience?
Old Mar 7, 2021, 3:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
I would be surprised if they did that, though these are strange times. The refunded two NR tickets for me without asking in December, even though they were very explicit about the fact you only get vouchers if you cancel when I booked.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Vueling can be surprisingly flexible whenever it lets them keep your money.

But changing route without repricing? The only way I can see that happening is if your booked flight is cancelled but you offer to fly same day from a different airport.

What would be a fun travel hack to attempt would be to choose the most expensive dates you can find on your original route, and then try to convert that new ticket into a voucher or a route change.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 7:02 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It never hurts to call and ask.

There is no entitlement, either under EC 261/2004 or your contract and thus, it is down to making a call and proposing the change.

Remember that it might be a very small cost so it's always worth asking as the answer to the question you have posed might well be "no" but the result close to "yes".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.