Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > easyJet | easyJet Plus
Reload this Page >

EasyJet plans to close bases and cut staff

Old Jun 30, 2020, 2:57 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond

EasyJet says it has begun consultations on plans to close bases at Stansted, Southend and Newcastle.

It follows an announcement by the airline that it may need to reduce staff numbers by up to a third because of the coronavirus pandemic.

The Unite union said nearly 1,300 UK crew members faced losing their jobs.

Pilots' union Balpa said it had been told by EasyJet that 727 of its UK-based pilots were also at risk of redundancy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53239256
Old Jul 1, 2020, 3:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Incredibly, MAG (STN airport owner) already received a notification from EZY that they are closing STN crew base on the 31/08. I thought consultation period is legally binding and no decisions are supposed to be made until the end of it.
I used to fly EZY a lot but I must say I am very disappointed with their entire covid 19 handling.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
easyJet hanging by a thread

Slightly sensationalist title makes you wonder how bad things really are at easyJet. Can you imagine what will happen to air fares if EasyJet goes down?

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-54303379

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.