Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Braathens (Sweden) applies for restructuring

Old Apr 7, 20, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue

Braathens in Sweden has folded, apparently. I don't know if this really is permanent and I can't recall which news outlet I read this in.
Old Apr 7, 20, 11:58 am
Suspended

Location: The part of NC where we have electricity, paved roads, and high school diplomas.
Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
Braathens in Sweden has folded, apparently. I don't know if this really is permanent and I can't recall which news outlet I read this in.
BRA Braathens Regional Airlines Applies for Restructuring ? Aeronautics
Old Apr 7, 20, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I wasn't sure if it deserved its own thread, but given that Norwegian is a Scandinavian airline I though a side mention would be ok.
I reckon it will be hard to bounce out of restructuring.
WindowSeatFlyer likes this.
Old May 21, 20, 10:38 am
Senior Mod and Moderator: Aegean Miles&Bonus and British Airways

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Spire Ambassador
Before the announcement Braathens stored quite a large number of AvroJet aircraft at Norwich, where they're parked in a line along one of the perimeter fences, albeit it not in an area that would be accessible to the general public to view.

As of today, they are still there, stretching beyond the eyeline so it's actually quite difficult to tell how many there are - although it's at least nine.
Attached Images   

Last edited by NWIFlyer; May 21, 20 at 11:21 am
Old Jun 2, 20, 12:33 am
Suspended

Location: The part of NC where we have electricity, paved roads, and high school diplomas.
On the Swedish language version of their webpage, Braathens last week announced that Amapola Flyg will operate the former BRA routes from Bromma to Malmö, Göteborg, Visby, Ängelholm, and Halmstad between June 15th and August 9th.
Old Jun 2, 20, 12:50 am

Programs: Various
I would have liked that better if they could let me use my existing ticket but no such luck yet.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: