Air italy schedule change on return flight

Old Jan 9, 20, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, AA 1MM, UA 1MM, BA Bronze, LH SEN
Air italy schedule change on return flight

I booked a round trip on Air Italy, and they just announced a schedule change that makes it impossible for me to take the new flight. Any idea if this is eligible for a refund? I bought the tickets using an Amex Platinum card, which I gather has new benefits in 2020, but unfortunately the purchase was a few months ago.
Old Jan 11, 20, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by Rom Sac View Post
I booked a round trip on Air Italy, and they just announced a schedule change that makes it impossible for me to take the new flight. Any idea if this is eligible for a refund?
Yes, as Air Italy is a community carrier bound by EC261 rules that means in this sort of situation they have to either provide a suitable replacement flight or if that is not possible then a refund. Assuming this announcement of the schedule change did came well in advance of the flight (14 days or more) and the route still is operated, I think the options are basicly the same flight on some other date or refund.
Originally Posted by Rom Sac View Post
I bought the tickets using an Amex Platinum card, which I gather has new benefits in 2020, but unfortunately the purchase was a few months ago.
Most likely the airline will refund the payment without hassle if they cannot provide suitable flights for you, so it is probably irrelevant which credit card you used.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: