Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Vueling Cancelled my Rome to Zakynthos Flight

Old Dec 20, 19, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Many

Just wondering if this is for real cancelled or since it's a seasonal route this is just some sort of glitch and come summer season it will be back on the schedule? In essence, I am asking...do I call in and try to speak with them or just give up and book a new 1-stop much less convenient routing? Thanks!
Old Dec 22, 19, 8:05 pm

Difficult to say what Vueling will do with this flight, but be careful if you decide to wait: these seasonal flights to/from Greek vacation destinations get sold out very soon after they "appear". I'm certain that TAs close to the origin city somehow find out immediately and buy the seats to be sold, through them, later on shorter notice. Also, the "new" schedule may be more inconvenient than having to fly through ATH. Personally, I'd book an alternative flight now and try to get on the "original" one if that re-appears.

Last edited by KLouis; Dec 23, 19 at 7:26 pm
Old Dec 23, 19, 9:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Your thread title is very misleading.

Either you booked a flight that was cancelled, or you simply haven't checked to see that Vueling fly FCO-ZTH on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays in June and July.
Old Dec 28, 19, 12:48 pm

Programs: AFKL Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet View Post
Just wondering if this is for real cancelled or since it's a seasonal route this is just some sort of glitch and come summer season it will be back on the schedule? In essence, I am asking...do I call in and try to speak with them or just give up and book a new 1-stop much less convenient routing? Thanks!
I'd verify if the flight is still being sold for your dates. If it is its likely a mistake and I would ask them to fix your booking.

If its not being sold make sure to check if its scheduled. If not, I'd look for your best alternative and ask them to rebook you.

Asking for a refund and booking something else yourself can be done after calling in - those 15 minutes are not going to make any difference.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: