LEVEL operated by Anisec

Old Dec 10, 2019, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
LEVEL operated by Anisec

I need to fly from Amsterdam to London and LEVEL is offering a pretty amazing price at €29,99 for a basic no luggage fare, or €49,99 for seat selection and luggage. Both fares are pretty good. But I wonder what sort of experience I will have on LEVEL operated by Anisec. Really, both names are not in the slightest bit attractive and there are other options on easyJet. LEVEL will dump me in LTN, which is not the end of the world, but I am tempted to shell €92 and fly KLM to LCY, as well as enjoy the benefits with status. Any experiences on LEVEL operated by Anisec?
Old Dec 10, 2019, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
It's standard LCC service of the type you will know if you've ever flown Vueling, Ryanair, Easyjet and the likes.

Level took over the route from Vueling last April.

The price is not unusual. Level starts at €25 on the route, but you'll find Easyjet are even cheaper, start from €22.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

That's what I expected, more or less, although I have never flown Vueling (and don't intend to, if I can avoid it). I noticed easyJet Flexifares were in the €96 range at cheapest, compared to the €50 or so it cost me a few years ago when I flew AMS-LGW.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Between easyJet and Vueling, I'd pick Vueling as the better of the two. I haven't flown the short-haul Level (operated b Anisec), but if it's like Vueling, I'd pick that over easyJet.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Palal
Between easyJet and Vueling, I'd pick Vueling as the better of the two. I haven't flown the short-haul Level (operated b Anisec), but if it's like Vueling, I'd pick that over easyJet.
I last flew the AMS-LTN route when it was still operated by Vueling, 3 years ago. The crew, who had overnighted in Amsterdam, didn't show up until almost an hour past the scheduled departure time. They then hid behind the curtain in the galley for the entire flight and there wasn't even coffee to be had on this very early morning flight.

Now, I accept that is not a normal Vueling experience, but I've never had an experience even remotely comparable on Easyjet!
Old Dec 13, 2019, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Sounds awful, totally amateur. I nearly always tend to end up paying more and going with the airlines that will give the usual benefits associated with status etc, and actually get me there. But maybe I shouldn't write them off before trying.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
Sounds awful, totally amateur. I nearly always tend to end up paying more and going with the airlines that will give the usual benefits associated with status etc, and actually get me there. But maybe I shouldn't write them off before trying.
Given how much the value of having status has eroded over the years, I say - good luck!

I haven't had problems with VY or FR or W6.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I find it's not too bad on the main FB airlines of Air France and KLM. As for the LCCs you mention, I have only flown with FR and it's been totally fine. I've heard bad things about VY though.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 7:29 pm

I find it's not too bad on the main FB airlines of Air France and KLM. As for the LCCs you mention, I have only flown with FR and it's been totally fine. I've heard bad things about VY though.
Well, FR is usually either on time or they cancel the flight. VY can run quite a bit late, especially if the flight's later in the day.
For me, FR's experience tends to be better ONLY because my expectations are adjusted accordingly. VY tends to board from jetways, and their eurobiz makes it seem like you're flying a non-LCC, so your expectations automatically go up.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

On Headforpoints I read not such good things about VY eurobiz, seemed pretty much non existent. So I expect that LEVEL operated by Anisec is going to be a VY experience then.

By the way, what flight code do these flights operate under?
Old Dec 18, 2019, 1:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
By the way, what flight code do these flights operate under?
VK. Their fleet is entirely ex AB/Niki aircraft all based in Austria.

https://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/...Luftfahrt).htm
Old Dec 19, 2019, 10:07 pm

Programs: BA OWS, A3*G
Have you considered taking the train (Eurostar) instead? It's often as cheap as 40€ one way and you get both seat selection and luggage. It takes four hours flat Centraal->StPancras, and since you were considering paying more to fly to LCY I'm assuming you're going into central London. If so, avoiding the schlep from Luton can only be seen as an advantage. Not to mention it's a far more civilised experience than Vueling/Level.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Good idea, I will look into it. If I flew BA Citiflyer into LCY it would, however, keep my BAEC Avios alive for another 3 years!

EDIT - definitely works out cheaper and quicker to fly on my dates in February. Cheapest I could find was GBP75 in Standard.
LiHS likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 8:54 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Good idea, I will look into it. If I flew BA Citiflyer into LCY it would, however, keep my BAEC Avios alive for another 3 years!

EDIT - definitely works out cheaper and quicker to fly on my dates in February. Cheapest I could find was GBP75 in Standard.
I don't know where you start the day, but maybe look into Rotterdam as well, there's a lot of City flights.

Otherwise Level is fine, but I'd also look at Easy into Southend. Great little airport, if you don't mind the rail link. Easy flies from the low cost pier, unlike Level, but on NS side it is connected to main terminal, so it's a wash, unlike Schengen flights.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

That's a brilliant suggestion (Rotterdam) and I really love RTM airport, takes me back to the days of old, no crowds apart from a fairly healthy tread of Transavia passengers. I will be overnighting in Amsterdam, probably near the airport, so it is better just to fly from AMS. I will probably book BA Citiflyer into LCY and that flight activity will keep my Avios account happy and alive for the next 3 years!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.