Search

FlyBE seating with a child

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2019, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue, BAEC, VAFC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
FlyBE seating with a child

Hi there,

Thanks to the advice over on the "Destinations - UK and Ireland" forum, I'm going to book what my 9 year old son calls a "Jolly boys' weekend" to Belfast from Leeds, on FlyBE.

Obviously, I want us to sit together on the plane.

I'm conscious that I need to pay for allocated seating on BE, do you happen to know if I need to pay for both of us, or is it like FR, where the adult needs to book a seat and the child sits next to them. Or is it more like actual airlines of note where kids get to sit with their parents as a matter of course.

Clearly, if I'm having to pay for allocated seating, then I might as well bite the bullet and book a forward seat for both of us, so we can get off quickly, into a cab, and to the hotel - it'll be a long day for the boy.

I'm guessing that 2C and D are Exit rows, so we can't go there?
Old Nov 7, 2019, 11:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, SAS EB Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, Starwood Gold, Accor Silver
It’s been a few years since I’ve done a FlyBe flight with the kids but officially, they do expect you to pay.

unofficially, I have never been on a FlyBe flight where I’ve paid and they have always seated us together.

If you want to be sure, you’ll need to pay though - and I don’t remember it being cheap! Good luck.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 1:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sph77
If you want to be sure, you’ll need to pay though - and I don’t remember it being cheap! Good luck.
I've decided to pay for the outward, and because it's getting on a bit for the boy as well by 9pm, I've paid extra to have seats 2A and B so we can make a sharp exit, although I'm assuming that BHD is so small that we won't be herded onto a bus to disembark.

I've never taken a UK domestic flight before, I'm guessing that if I'm HBO then I'll be doors open to the outside world in a couple of minutes?
Old Nov 9, 2019, 5:02 am

Programs: BA Silver, SAS EB Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, Starwood Gold, Accor Silver
Like any LCC, FlyBe doesn’t tend to mess around when it comes to getting people off... time is money! Hope you have a good flight.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 4:56 pm
Suspended

I would be more worried if they will still be in business when you fly. Despite being taken over, the rumour is a lot of flights will be cancelled and profits will rule. Its cheaper to pay you off instead of booking you on another flight with another carrier.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Interesting. It's not going to be a turn up at the airport and discover it's not happening thing though, is it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.