Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

EZY882 GLA-LGW 23Sep Wrong info on easy tracker

Old Sep 23, 19, 1:57 am
Original Poster

:Looking for advice or similar experiences...
Here's the situation. My husband was booked on EZY882 this morning from Glasgow to Gatwick, due to depart of 0645. I dropped him at the airport at 0540 then headed off. Both of us (we've subsequently conferred to check this) had opened the tracker page on easyjet's own website - at 0550 it said that EZY882 was delayed to 0800. So my husband went to the pay lounge in the airport to get some breakfast. the staff at the desk in the lounge also said to him "you know your flight is put back until 0800"
At 0715 my husband checked the tracker page again for an update and discovered the flight had left at 0710.
Staff at the gate were completely unhelful.
Does he have any claim in this situation, as easyjet's own website was giving out incorrect information.
Old Sep 23, 19, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by rcspeirs View Post
:Looking for advice or similar experiences...
Here's the situation. My husband was booked on EZY882 this morning from Glasgow to Gatwick, due to depart of 0645. I dropped him at the airport at 0540 then headed off. Both of us (we've subsequently conferred to check this) had opened the tracker page on easyjet's own website - at 0550 it said that EZY882 was delayed to 0800. So my husband went to the pay lounge in the airport to get some breakfast. the staff at the desk in the lounge also said to him "you know your flight is put back until 0800"
At 0715 my husband checked the tracker page again for an update and discovered the flight had left at 0710.
Staff at the gate were completely unhelful.
Does he have any claim in this situation, as easyjet's own website was giving out incorrect information.
No. He should stay ready to depart as they will make every attempt to have the aircraft leave as early as possible. It's his responsibility to stay informed of the situation rather than sitting in the lounge.
farci, irishguy28 and GFrye like this.
Old Sep 23, 19, 5:54 am

Programs: BA Silver
Unfortunately for him, no.
It even clearly says on their tracker right at the bottom (quite prominently) that "Check-in, bag drop & boarding gate opening and closing times are unaffected by delays."

Especially at bases there is a good chance that any airline can move things around and minimize delays, this is why it is important to keep monitoring flight status more often than every 1:25.
Old Sep 23, 19, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the thoughts
It's kind of hard to "remain by the boarding gate" when no boarding gate was displayed. And at Glasgow, easyjet may use the "old" domestic area or the international area, so you cannot assume you know where the gate will be. The status changed from "delayed to boarding to closed" in less than five minutes, so unless you had your eye on the monitor every second, you were bound to miss this.
Still aggreived.
Old Sep 26, 19, 10:53 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by lehovec View Post
Unfortunately for him, no.
It even clearly says on their tracker right at the bottom (quite prominently) that "Check-in, bag drop & boarding gate opening and closing times are unaffected by delays."
It might say that, but it's complete claptrap

If a flight is delayed, the boarding gates don't open until 45-50 minutes before the new departure time.

However, as has been said, you need to keep an eye out on the EasyJet App or the departure boards. I've had EasyJet flights where delays have disappeared as they moved aircraft around.
Old Oct 26, 19, 4:29 pm

Programs: Bronze, Some red card and some hotel cards.
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post

If a flight is delayed, the boarding gates don't open until 45-50 minutes before the new departure time.

However, as has been said, you need to keep an eye out on the EasyJet App or the departure boards. I've had EasyJet flights where delays have disappeared as they moved aircraft around.
Not at Glasgow, the airline handlers would have to put a delay in the system to show any delay otherwise it would just show the original departure time including when to go to gate. The gate agents can then indicate when boarding starts, final call and to close the gate.
Old Oct 27, 19, 12:34 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by SonTech View Post
Not at Glasgow, the airline handlers would have to put a delay in the system to show any delay otherwise it would just show the original departure time including when to go to gate. The gate agents can then indicate when boarding starts, final call and to close the gate.
So, at Glasgow, if a flight is delayed by 4 hours, people would need to wait at the gate for the 4 hours?
Old Oct 27, 19, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta SE, Marriott Silver, Omni Select Plat

It looks like the chap who missed his flight WAS watching the app. I'd get onto the social media team on Twitter to see if there's anything they can do.
Old Oct 28, 19, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I wonder if it was Seat 23A sold a third time to EasyJet's glee.
Old Oct 30, 19, 5:41 am

Programs: Bronze, Some red card and some hotel cards.
So, at Glasgow, if a flight is delayed by 4 hours, people would need to wait at the gate for the 4 hours?
No, unless the airline handling agents at GLA don't put in any delay info. What I was trying to say was that the airline handlers, ie for Easyjet, Swissport will need to manually add the delay info so the screens will say flight delayed to xx:xx. They will then have to remove the delay from the system when the aircraft is ready to board and the "Go to Gate Y" comes on the information screens.
Old Oct 30, 19, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Silver: AZ, BA
This is why it's best if an airline doesn't share any information about potential delays, but continue to advertise the standard check-in and boarding times. If there are any expected delays, this should only be advised at the boarding gate.

It seems a bit ridiculous to "update" the status, from "delayed til 08:00" to "flight CLOSING", at such breakneck speed, but they shouldn't have advertised the delay in the first place, or at least not give a fixed, definite new time when the situation was likely to prove fluid and flexible.

While there really is nothing worse than a rolling delay and hanging around waiting for incremental status updates, the alternative - having the delay suddenly cleared unexpectedly - also works against many travellers who have been given the impression that they have hours to kill and who therefore, entirely understandably, go and get lost/left behind.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: