Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Thomas Cook A321 - Anyone flown in row 1?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2019, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards

Booked at short notice a flight with TC for later this week. After reading the reviews and having about 4 hours of being on the flight I opted for row 1 (Economy Plus).

Does anyone know if there is a bulkhead right in front or is it like easyjet with nothing? I there is a bulk head, can your feet poke through the bottom?

Also, if anyone has flown this and bought the Economy Plus package, it says in the blurb that "Premium James Martin meal" is included. Does this differ from the normal James Martin meals in any way? When I tried to book a meal, the only options I get are vege, etc etc, not a specific cuisine. As it's a crack of dawn flight I imagine I'll get eggs, sausages, beans and a melted tomato or similar. Also says unlimited drinks during the meal service, but flying at that time of the morning means the only booze I'd want is a bucks fizz. Any chance of that?
Old Sep 20, 2019, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Given the news today regarding their needing to secure a further £200 million - they applied for Chapter 15 protection in the US this week - you’ll be lucky to travel as booked!
Old Sep 22, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by dddc
Booked at short notice a flight with TC for later this week. After reading the reviews and having about 4 hours of being on the flight I opted for row 1 (Economy Plus).

Does anyone know if there is a bulkhead right in front or is it like easyjet with nothing? I there is a bulk head, can your feet poke through the bottom?

Also, if anyone has flown this and bought the Economy Plus package, it says in the blurb that "Premium James Martin meal" is included. Does this differ from the normal James Martin meals in any way? When I tried to book a meal, the only options I get are vege, etc etc, not a specific cuisine. As it's a crack of dawn flight I imagine I'll get eggs, sausages, beans and a melted tomato or similar. Also says unlimited drinks during the meal service, but flying at that time of the morning means the only booze I'd want is a bucks fizz. Any chance of that?
Some years back I had the d-seat on row 1. Ended up having someone’s rear end in front of me half of the flight as people were queuing to the toilet and the bulkhead space was apparently useful for letting people pass back and forth. Never again.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 6:27 am

I assume you have heard that Thomas Cook has ceased flying. Sorry!
Old Sep 23, 2019, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Given the news today regarding their needing to secure a further £200 million - they applied for Chapter 15 protection in the US this week - you’ll be lucky to travel as booked!
My post was from last week and I said I was traveling later THAT week, not this week.

I woke up on Friday with the buzz that they were in trouble. Options? There was an Easyjet flight that left 20 mins later, but costing double what I paid on TC. There was a Norwegian going a few hours later but it would be tight for a ferry connection I had, so opted for a wait and see strategy.

Got to Gatwick that night. Opted not to use the sundowner checkin in case they went bust when the planes were on the ground. Checked in at 4am and people were asking what if etc to check in staff who shrugged it off.

Flight boarded and left on time. Something easyjet hasn't been able to do for me on this route for the past 5 years. Crew joked about taking souvenirs to sell on ebay!

The seat was fine, but no cut out for your feet in the partitions. I liked how the partition was mirrored so you could see behind.

The Premium James Martin breakfast was a boxed English breakfast (with a shelf life till August next year!) Too saltly and the eggs were powdery. Can't complain as there is no one to complain to!

Captain ended his flight speach with see you on the return journey. That caused a murmur on the plane.

All in all for a 3 hour flight I would have flown them again, as long as I was in Row 1. Leg room looked poor elsewhere. Having a recline function was so good so as it made the difference of being able to nod off.

This was just a 1 way ticket for me so worries about the next leg. Thoughts go out to the staff having to find work in a tough market.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 8:43 am

My post was from last week and I said I was traveling later THAT week, not this week.
Ehhh ok. Good your flight went

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.