Wiki Posts
Search

Easyjet plus cancellation

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2019, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Easyjet plus cancellation

Has anyone managed to cancel easyjet plus membership?

Truly the hardest thing I've ever tried to do.

Phone agent said to try online, online doesn't show a cancellation option, online chat agent tried to give me directions to cancel online, before trying herself and seeing that the option to cancel didnt exist. Finally gave me a link to the data protection officer asking to cancel my entire easyjet account.

Worse, this is my third year of trying to cancel with them. Last year I thought I'd cancelled the right card, but nope, they got me again... This year, I'm so annoyed I'll spend hours on it if necessary!
Old Jul 28, 2019, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Can you not send documentary evidence of your attempts to cancel your membership, and submit this to your credit card company such that they issue a chargeback?
Old Jul 28, 2019, 2:16 pm

Programs: FB Gold, Accor Gold, IHG One Rewards Platinum, SNCF Grand Voyager le club, Hertz 5* Gold,
I had the same issue last year. I contacted EP CS by mail last year explaining that i had declined automatic renewal in their settings i didn't expect them to do it anyway.
They responded that it was in the T+C small print that i had agreed to and so it was within their rights to renew.
At which point i called them out for their business practices (deceitful, almost theft etc) and they agreed to cancel the membership there and then.
I got full reimbursement within 7days, and have not flown EJ since....

All in all, comparatively easy, and all done by mail.
irishguy28 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.