Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > easyJet | easyJet Plus
Reload this Page >

Is this Easyjet service seasonal (MAN-SPU)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2019, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue, BAEC, VAFC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond

I'm looking to fly to Split for the inaugural Split Marathon in February.

I have found an acceptable combination of times and costs with Lufthansa, transferring at FRA, flying out of LHR. However, this is £250, so will eat into my spending budget, and requires a hotel the night before in London. I live in northern England.

I've looked for flights from my local airport, HUY, connecting via AMS, but those stop twice and I'll spend longer in airports than I will in the air, and it will also cost me more than a single night at a decent hotel at LHR, so the cost-benefit isn't there.

While wandering around the internet, I've found that EasyJet do direct flights to SPU from MAN and NCL, as well as STN (which, if I'm going to have to go from London is the best located airport for me). However, I can't find dates for these flights beyond October.

Does this mean that there are no flights to Split from the UK with EZY in the winter? Are there any with anyone?

Last edited by DeeGee26.2; Jul 25, 2019 at 3:29 am
Old Jul 25, 2019, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
pretty much all routes to/from Split are seasonal.

Split airport recorded only 35,000 passengers in Feb 2019 (up 13% on Feb 2018), but that figure pales in comparison with the summer peak - the Feb total represents only 6% of the passenger numbers recorded in June 2019 (over half a million).

The only airlines operating year-round service are Croatia Airlines (to the capital, and to Germany & Italy), Trade Air (to a number of domestic locations), and Eurowings & Lauda (both to Germany)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Split_...d_destinations
Attached Images  

Last edited by irishguy28; Jul 25, 2019 at 4:19 am
Old Jul 26, 2019, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by DeeGee26.2
Does this mean that there are no flights to Split from the UK with EZY in the winter? Are there any with anyone?
Suggest you check with Skyscanner using this query
Old Aug 5, 2019, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue, BAEC, VAFC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by farci
Suggest you check with Skyscanner using this query
Thanks for that. Best timings for me are to go from LHR via FRA. I'm not spending hours in airports that way, and if I get a decent hotel the night before, I'm not having to get up stupid early.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 3:56 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by DeeGee26.2
Thanks for that. Best timings for me are to go from LHR via FRA. I'm not spending hours in airports that way, and if I get a decent hotel the night before, I'm not having to get up stupid early.
Personally if you can find connection that works, I would much rather connect in ZAG than FRA. Much more pleasant airport to connect at. Also in case of IRROP there are more options from ZAG (up to 3 flights a day to SPU with OU). As a worst case scenario there are numerous coach/train services from ZAG to SPU.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.