Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vueling-Terrible Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Vueling-Terrible Customer Service

We flew Vueling from Paris to Portugal and back about a month ago. I asked Vueling to credit our miles to BA, and Vueling confirmed that the request was in our records. No miles have shown up.

After 3 emails to Vueling with no resolution, I called and was told to call BA. While I was doubtful this would resolve the problem, I did call BA and they said I'd need the ticket numbers, which do not appear on any of the emails Vueling sent for the purchase, confirms or other.

This morning I called Vueling to get the ticket numbers and was told they can't give them to me.

I guess jerking customers around is part of the business plan for LCC.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Vueling flights have to be BA coded to earn in Executive Club

AFAIK BA does not put its code on either the Paris-Lisbon or Paris-Porto flights

That's why the Avios haven't shown up
Old Jul 22, 2019, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ajeleonard
Vueling flights have to be BA coded to earn in Executive Club

AFAIK BA does not put its code on either the Paris-Lisbon or Paris-Porto flights

That's why the Avios haven't shown up
Could be. But why did Vueling say our records were set to have Avios recorded by BA, and then after the flights say to call BA?

And, moreover, BA sells these Vueling operated flights on their website. Hard to believe these are not codeshared.

Last edited by Mountain Trader; Jul 22, 2019 at 9:20 am Reason: Added info.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 9:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The sole question is whether the e-ticket segments were BA-coded. If not, it doesn't matter whether BA does sell the codeshare.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:10 am
Original Poster

How would one learn if they were?
Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:50 pm

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
You can only earn BA Avios if you booked your Vueling flight with BA code. Full stop (no if's no but's).
nancypants likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tobsw
You can only earn BA Avios if you booked your Vueling flight with BA code. Full stop (no if's no but's).
As I asked above, how do I know if that was the case? What does “booked ....with BA code” mean?

Another question: How does this inter-play with both a Vueling phone agent and a Vueling check-in agent telling us that our BA Exec Club numbers were in our reservation records and we were all set for credit to BAEC?
Old Jul 22, 2019, 1:18 pm

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader

As I asked above, how do I know if that was the case? What does “booked ....with BA code” mean?

Another question: How does this inter-play with both a Vueling phone agent and a Vueling check-in agent telling us that our BA Exec Club numbers were in our reservation records and we were all set for credit to BAEC?
Do you remember where you booked your flight??? A BA code means that instead of VYXXXX you had BAXXX in your booking (and sold as BAXXX in your boarding pass).

It doesn't matter what the check-in agent of phone agent is telling you. What really matters is the agreement between BA Executive Club and Vueling. And that agreement is plain simple: you are entitled to Avios if you book your Vueling flight with a BA code.

Now if it turns out you had in fact BA coded Vueling flights, then the BA Executive Club should credit you the Avios.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: QF WP
I think realistically:
​​​​​​-If you booked on Vueling’s website, it won’t have a BA code and therefore won’t earn BA avios

-if you booked on BA’s website it probably will have a BA code and therefore will earn avios

-if you booked through a travel agent i’d suggest it’s more likely to be booked with a vueling code and therefore not eligible

(disclaimer: massive oversimplification)
tobsw likes this.

Last edited by nancypants; Jul 22, 2019 at 2:10 pm
Old Jul 22, 2019, 2:03 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Please follow this discussion as it joins the other Vueling related threads in the Other European Airlines forum

Prospero
Moderator: Iberia forum
nancypants likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tobsw
Do you remember where you booked your flight??? A BA code means that instead of VYXXXX you had BAXXX in your booking (and sold as BAXXX in your boarding pass).

It doesn't matter what the check-in agent of phone agent is telling you. What really matters is the agreement between BA Executive Club and Vueling. And that agreement is plain simple: you are entitled to Avios if you book your Vueling flight with a BA code.

Now if it turns out you had in fact BA coded Vueling flights, then the BA Executive Club should credit you the Avios.
By ‘code’, are you referring to the flight number? I know of no airline where the flight number controls crediting FF miles. An Vueling staff does not seem to either.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: QF WP

By ‘code’, are you referring to the flight number? I know of no airline where the flight number controls crediting FF miles. An Vueling staff does not seem to either.
the problem is, vueling is a low cost carrier, and also not a oneworld airline, so the rules are slightly different

For BAEC you need to be aware that there are plenty of exceptions- eg emirates booked under a qantas code will earn avios, Emirates booked under an emirates code will not. Jetstar will only earn if booked under a qantas code (plus some other requirements). Fijian airlines will only earn if booked under a BA code. Etc etc etc

this is also not a BAEC thing in general, QFF, LatamPass and many other comparable schemes have similar rules
etiene likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nancypants

the problem is, vueling is a low cost carrier, and also not a oneworld airline, so the rules are slightly different

For BAEC you need to be aware that there are plenty of exceptions- eg emirates booked under a qantas code will earn avios, Emirates booked under an emirates code will not. Jetstar will only earn if booked under a qantas code (plus some other requirements). Fijian airlines will only earn if booked under a BA code. Etc etc etc

this is also not a BAEC thing in general, QFF, LatamPass and many other comparable schemes have similar rules
Here's an article explaining how to get BA Avios from taking a Vueling flight (eg. credit miles to Vueling account, then combine avios on BA site):

https://www.headforpoints.com/2019/0...-with-vueling/
Old Jul 22, 2019, 4:58 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Here's an article explaining how to get BA Avios from taking a Vueling flight (eg. credit miles to Vueling account, then combine avios on BA site):

https://www.headforpoints.com/2019/0...-with-vueling/
So why don't you try that?
nancypants and etiene like this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
So why don't you try that?
You think I won't or did you mean something else?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.