Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Buying US-OSL on Norwegian's Norway website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:40 am
Original Poster

I have heard anecdotally that one can purchase Norwegian flights ex-US on the airline's www.norwegian.no at a considerable savings over US site (especially true for Premium tickets). True?
Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
What is stopping you from testing it yourself on the website?
farci and irishguy28 like this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 10:01 am
Original Poster

My concern is that it will be booked and somehow cancelled.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 11:00 am

Disadvantages to buying it on the non-US site:
- No possibility of cancelling for free within 24 hours
- Possibility that mistakes are made due to not understanding Norwegian

In recent experience the savings have not been much - it was due to a lag in updating the currency exchange rates. I would test several country websites before purchasing.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 12:06 pm

I found euros (through Ireland) the best deal for recent purchases. Needed to call Chase to get the purchase to go through though; I guess the Ireland purchases are flagged for potential fraud.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 12:44 pm

I have done this several times with considerable savings, for flights from MCO to LGW and CDG. Use two computers, one on the Norway site, the other on the US site. The web pages are identical so you can see exactly what you are doing. Just make sure you only complete the booking on the Norway site. There is one difference, right at the end of the booking process. The Norway site charges extra for credit cards but there is a box to check if you are not using a company credit card. Clicking this box removes the surcharge. You might have to use Google translate just for that part. I think I have saved something like $200 per booking, it is worth it. Once you are booked just enter your login information on the US site and everything shows as normal.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 1:16 pm

I just checked prices for flying this Saturday, returning in two weeks.I am actually booked those days though I booked back in October. For the lowest fare, $1800, the saving is $187. For the highest fare the saving is $487. In both cases just over 10% savings. That is considerable.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AS, WN
We bought through Norwegian's Norway site in kroner for travel Rome-Oakland in April.
I forget how much the savings was, but it was enough to make it worthwhile. As I recall the percentage savings were even higher on the food/luggage/seat package than on the base fare.
We were able to navigate the website in a foreign language as we were already familiar with the English-language site and everything is in the same place. Once we had a PNR, we were able to enter it into the U.S. website in English to manage the reservation as needed.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:08 am

I've done it for years now without issue. And yeah, you can just log into the US version right after booking. Emails you receive from Norwegian will be in Norwgian.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.