Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cabin bag Ryanair

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2019, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Cabin bag Ryanair

Noticed that Ryanair quote cabin bag size as 55x40x20.

Normally we fly with BA where I notice the sizes are 56x45x25 so a little bigger.

Not measured the size of our cabin bags but, obviously, I don't want to rock up at the airport and find out I've got to cough up and extra £50 per bag because the cabin bag is 5cm too wide.

Are they that strict?
Old May 20, 2019, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Yes they are that strict.

Best get your tape measure out.
Old May 20, 2019, 4:49 am

They are very strict. This is a key revenue stream and I've heard that staff get a cut of the oversized bag fees that they charge - so they will be enforcing the rules.
Old May 20, 2019, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Hmmm. Bad news.... Worse than the other budget airlines....

Travelled with Vuelling last year and I noticed they're bag sizes are the same as Ryanairs and didnt have problems last year.

I've got a feeling they might be slightly too big.
Old May 20, 2019, 5:04 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Flew KRK-VIE-KRK the other weekend (EUR 18 RT including all taxes and fees ). Gate agent didn't even looked at the hand baggage size - only if you have a single piece (for non-priority line).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.