Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

TAP contract lounges: recent changes and Star Gold access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAP contract lounges: recent changes and Star Gold access

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2019, 1:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Mama
extra fee to use restroom: $5 to pee, $10 to shiit. FA will verify the appropriate charges.
.. $5 to pee in the lavatory, $7 to pee in your seat when upright, $10 to pee in the flatbed..
Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by Mama
extra fee to use restroom: $5 to pee, $10 to shiit. FA will verify the appropriate charges.
FA salary will depend on them collecting these fees.

Last edited by Palal; Jul 10, 2019 at 8:51 am
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by CSTTI
In my case I had no choice to get a seat in front of the Austrian Lounge at DME, watching all other Star Alliance airlines eligible passengers entering the lounge… All Star Alliance airlines flying to DME has Contract Lounge for their passengers, except TAP.
Strangely enough the DME lounge is operated by a contract company and technically not a *A lounge. Even the *A website lists it as contract lounge. Very weird https://www.staralliance.com/en/airp...irportCode=DME

The lounge access rules have led to a bit of head scratching over the years:

Denied entry into LH DME lounge
No entry to DME lounge (Star gold flying SQ J SIN-DME-ARN)
Old Jul 12, 2019, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by milfweed20
Thanks for the info. I also checked both Star Alliance page and TAP website and it appears Tap passengers are not entitled to any lounge access in Dublin... Typical TAP!
It appears TAP beat EK to the concept of stripped down Business Class, at least at outport terminals. It is offering very attractive one-way J fares from certain European cities to North America (<E800/£700/U$800) but without certain benefits like preflight lounges (except at its home airports)...albeit without stopover privileges at Lisbon and Oporto. Best have a Priority Pass membership when taking advantage of them though. (Being forewarned after booking my own DUB-LIS/LIS-YYZ for later this month, though have PP as well as my STARGold status.)
Old Aug 8, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: AA PLT, *A Gold, Club Accor Gold
Dear CSTTI,

That is correct, TP pull out of a lot of lounge contracts (MAD and BOD, for sure). Thankfully my home airport as been FIH in the last 2 years and here I have a choice of 4 *A companies (ET, SA, SN and TK) and one small but decent *A lounge
Old Nov 14, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: AA PLT, *A Gold, Club Accor Gold
TAP cancels access to contract lounges for Star Gold

This new policy is just becoming more confusing, just flew last month on domestic free award ticket between OPO and LIS on TapPortugal Express (EMB 190 operated by Portugalia) and had access to lounge in OPO at departure and priority on boarding...
Old Nov 18, 2019, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Well I was turned away from two contracted MAD/Madrid lounges.One of the agents was apologetic. Not the best customer experience for TAP.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by CApreppie
.... Not the best customer experience for TAP.

Perhaps not: but it does reflect with some accuracy the airline's approach to customer service...
Old Nov 18, 2019, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Perhaps not: but it does reflect with some accuracy the airline's approach to customer service...
However, I had a very professional flight crew from MAD-LIS. Clearly from reviews, this airline is all over the map in regards to all aspects of its products and services.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CApreppie
However, I had a very professional flight crew from MAD-LIS. Clearly from reviews, this airline is all over the map in regards to all aspects of its products and services.
The airline appears to have culled, retired, re-positioned or otherwise lost its crews of matrons and uncles, a least on European routes. The new, younger lot are (mostly) bright and helpful, rather the unfriendly brigade quick to serve but even quicker to hide behind the curtain.
GUWonder, irishguy28 and mmff like this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
[...]rather the unfriendly brigade quick to serve but even quicker to hide behind the curtain.
So true. If this was a skytrax measure, TP would be a 5star airline
Old Jul 19, 2022, 1:28 pm
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
TP has (finally!) reinstated access to contract lounges for Star Gold, except for MAD and BCN (no idea why). Check here.
irishguy28 and mapleg like this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tff
TP has (finally!) reinstated access to contract lounges for Star Gold, except for MAD and BCN (no idea why). Check here.

Dublin also appears a lost cause. Even for TAP's business-class passengers.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 7:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by tff
An email has gone out to announce this and the restoration of the LIS Premium check-in area. The LIS lounge now has longer opening hours into the evening. MAD and BCN is simply a cost versus capacity issue.
GUWonder and mapleg like this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 2:24 am

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
Does this mean I can access the lounge in BIO when flying TAP? (I am *G)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.