Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Airlines with a North American Style Intra-Europe Business Class?

Old Apr 18, 19, 10:05 am
Original Poster

I apologize if there is already a thread on this, I did a quick Google Search and couldn’t find one.

I understand that both TK (some flights) and Royal Air Maroc (AT) offer a North American Style Business Class from their respective hubs to European destinations. By North American Style, I mean 2x2 configuration, long width/pitch, recline, etc.

Are there any other airlines that offer such a product?
Old Apr 18, 19, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by JohnsonTM View Post
I apologize if there is already a thread on this, I did a quick Google Search and couldn’t find one.

I understand that both TK (some flights) and Royal Air Maroc (AT) offer a North American Style Business Class from their respective hubs to European destinations. By North American Style, I mean 2x2 configuration, long width/pitch, recline, etc.

Are there any other airlines that offer such a product?
No.

Some airlines sometimes uses long-haul planes to cover short-haul routes when there is high demand. But this is limited to a very small number of flights.
Old Apr 18, 19, 10:44 am

Programs: SK, AC, DY, BA
Not sure if any European airlines would offer this kind of service (other than Turkish). Have you looked for 5th freedom intra-Europe flights from non-European airlines? https://onemileatatime.com/fifth-fre...lights-europe/
Old Apr 18, 19, 10:59 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, Aegean silver, Umbi Umbi classic
Yes. Aeroflot has.

Turkish, TAROM, Atlasglobal and TAP on select planes as well.

In TAP's case its only for the new A321s and I believe they will also equip older A320s with proper biz seats from 2020. With proper I mean a fully flat seat like Jetblue Mint! Aer Lingus will have the same on their A321s which besides transatlantic will also serve key European routes.
Old Apr 18, 19, 11:20 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), AA OWE (EXP), IHG Plat
SU has a proper 2-2 C cabin.
Old Apr 18, 19, 4:15 pm

Programs: AY Gold
Finnair use A350/A333 on the HEL-LHR and HEL-BRU routes.

AY1331/1332 HEL-LHR A359 D
AY1337/1338 HEL-LHR A330 D

AY1541/1542 HEL-BRU A330 3 6 (until 04MAY19)
AY1541/1542 HEL-BRU A359 6 (from 11MAY19)
CappuccinoAddict and AStarr like this.
Old Apr 19, 19, 6:18 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott PLT; Hilton GLD; Free Agent (former AA PLT/US GLD)
BA has a handful of A321s that they acquired from BMI that have an alternating 1-2 and 2-1 configuration in J. They fly intra-Europe as well as to Northern Africa and the Middle East. As far as I'm aware, there's no way to guarantee that you get one of these frames on your intra-Europe flight.
Old Apr 19, 19, 6:29 am

Doesn't FI have real business class?
Old Apr 22, 19, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD
Air Serbia too on some (if not all) Airbus narrowbodies.
Old Apr 24, 19, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, AZ, BA, KL
Originally Posted by schrodingerdog View Post
No.

Some airlines sometimes uses long-haul planes to cover short-haul routes when there is high demand. But this is limited to a very small number of flights.
Starting hopefully later this year, Aer Lingus will be rostering its new A321LRs, which include lieflat seats in business class, on short European legs between Dublin and the likes of Heathrow, Paris and Amsterdam rather than having them sat on the tarmac all day waiting to fly back across the Atlantic.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/...ghts-1.3730604
Old Apr 24, 19, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
Starting hopefully later this year, Aer Lingus will be rostering its new A321LRs, which include lieflat seats in business class, on short European legs between Dublin and the likes of Heathrow, Paris and Amsterdam rather than having them sat on the tarmac all day waiting to fly back across the Atlantic.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/...ghts-1.3730604
That is scheduled to start Q3-2019 so I don't think it would be useful for the OP. And also, is only happening to selected (aka high yield) destinations.

Don't get me wrong, it would be absolutely great to have that in much more European flights instead of the actual pseudo-business class offer, but the european market only cares about one thing: price, and I don't see a lot of companies amending they travel policies to allow J in short distances.
Old Apr 24, 19, 11:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Romanianflyer View Post
Turkish, TAROM, Atlasglobal and TAP on select planes as well.
In TAP's case its only for the new A321s and I believe they will also equip older A320s with proper biz seats from 2020. With proper I mean a fully flat seat like Jetblue Mint! .
Nope, these TP configs will all fly to medium haul destinations, not to central/western Europe.
Old Apr 24, 19, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, AZ, BA, KL
That is scheduled to start Q3-2019 so I don't think it would be useful for the OP.
I don't see that the OP put any time limits on the question. And besides, this thread will live on forever!

And also, is only happening to selected (aka high yield) destinations.

Don't get me wrong, it would be absolutely great to have that in much more European flights instead of the actual pseudo-business class offer, but the european market only cares about one thing: price, and I don't see a lot of companies amending they travel policies to allow J in short distances.
The idea is not so much to have lots of companies amend travel policies to allow J in short distances - it is more to have a more "seamless" experience for customers connecting to/from the US and Canada.

They do plan on selling J seats for the short haul legs, but as there will be no J catering on shorthaul, and the short hops won't really allow any shuteye in the flat beds, that's not really who it's aimed at!!!