Wiki Posts
Search

EasyJet Boarding Time

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2019, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
EasyJet Boarding Time

EasyJet says boarding closes 30 min before flight, but when does boarding begin? i.e. when does the cattle lineup start?
Old May 7, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
EasyJet says boarding closes 30 min before flight, but when does boarding begin? i.e. when does the cattle lineup start?
It depends on the airport. If they use bus gates with a pax queuing area, then boarding may begin an hour before (queueing shortly before that). If there's a jetbridge, then boarding will begin 20-30 mins before departure time.
Old May 7, 2019, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by Palal
It depends on the airport. If they use bus gates with a pax queuing area, then boarding may begin an hour before (queueing shortly before that). If there's a jetbridge, then boarding will begin 20-30 mins before departure time.
Trying to figure out when we need to be at the gate for boarding in Venice. We have Speedy Boarding for what's that worth (if at all even respected by Easyjet -- i'm not sure)
Old May 7, 2019, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Yes speedy boarding is not only ‘respected’ by EasyJet it is quite rigorously enforced.

in one case I witnessed a woman with it arrived after they had started general boarding was merely allowed to join the end of the existing queue on the jetway but ahead of others whose BPs had yet to be scanned rather than moving to the front of the queue already on the jetway.

So best be there when boarding starts!
Old May 8, 2019, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by FlyAO2
Trying to figure out when we need to be at the gate for boarding in Venice. We have Speedy Boarding for what's that worth (if at all even respected by Easyjet -- i'm not sure)
It is very rigorously enforced as it is a revenue stream. It also entitles you to 2 cabin bags - normally Easyjet only allows one bag and this is also rigorously enforced, I've seen them make people put handbags etc. into their one bag.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.