Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

After a little help (Air Italy cancellation)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2019, 6:47 am
Original Poster

I booked a flight from Olbia to MXP with Air Italy (connecting to a BA flight to London - there's the link!)

Air Italy sent me an email with the following info:StatusDepartureArrivalFlight durationFlight noCancelledOlbia - Costa Smeralda (OLB) 14/Jun/2019 15:10 Aeroporto Malpensa (MXP) 14/Jun/2019 16:20 1:10 IG135New FlightOlbia - Costa Smeralda (OLB) 14/Jun/2019 17:05 Aeroporto Malpensa (MXP) 14/Jun/2019 18:15 1:10 IG139

The new flight time meant i would have under 1 hour to re-check bags and clear security for my BA flight which i wouldn't risk. They are saying as the time change is less that 2 hours i have to accept the new flight, end of argument.

The email clearly says the flight has been cancelled and new flight has a different flight number so surely i am entitled to a full refund? I got a computer says no from their CS department, is this something i could argue through CEDR?

Any info much appreciated!

CM
Old Apr 15, 2019, 6:49 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
As this isn't even a tenuous connection to BA by any definition, given it only concerns an Air Italy flight and customer service response, we'll move it to our 'Other European Airlines' forum.

/mod
Old Apr 15, 2019, 6:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Clareym66
The email clearly says the flight has been cancelled and new flight has a different flight number so surely i am entitled to a full refund? I got a computer says no from their CS department, is this something i could argue through CEDR?
A cancellation indeed entitles you a full refund, see the main EC261 thread. However Air Italy isn't a member of CEDR or any ADR scheme. So you probably need to work this either through a small claims procedure or the Italian EC261 governing authority.
Clareym66 likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
A cancellation indeed entitles you a full refund, see the main EC261 thread. However Air Italy isn't a member of CEDR or any ADR scheme. So you probably need to work this either through a small claims procedure or the Italian EC261 governing authority.
Thank you - thats all i was after... its sub €50 so might just not bother!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.