Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Norwegian - Do I Select My Seat at Check-in or Does the Airline?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2019, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Some airlines with seat selection fees allow the passenger to select a seat at check-in - others the airline selects.

A friend flew Norwegian over a year ago and remembers that he could select his own seat at check-in. However, the Norwegian website says that the airline chooses.

Anyone have an recent experience with this?
Old Apr 7, 2019, 6:22 pm

They removed the ability to select a seat at check in sometime last year.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: Gold Circle, KrisFlyer, SkyMiles, Tesco Clubcard
They select it at check in but I asked for an Aisle seat and got it no issues. I think they will accomadate you if they can.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 7:39 am

Programs: SPG, HH, IHG, BA, DL
We just flew Norwegian and we (family of 4) chose the no frills Low Fare without seat selection and worried about the seats - thinking they would split us all apart...

Web online checkin says we have to checkin at the airport.

But using the Norwegian mobile app, I saw our group of 4 were pre-assigned seats together (4 in the same row) 1 day before departure - on both legs = very happy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.