FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other European Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-european-airlines-469/)
-   -   Lauda any good? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-european-airlines/1963700-lauda-any-good.html)

browan04 Apr 2, 2019 5:22 pm

Lauda any good?

I’m thinking of booking a flight operated by Lauda from VIE to JMK this summer. Never flown them before, anything I should know before booking? Is this a bad idea? Will I likely end up stranded in JMK?

fartoomanyusers Apr 13, 2019 3:30 pm

Lauda / Ryanair

Originally Posted by browan04 (Post 30958214)
I’m thinking of booking a flight operated by Lauda from VIE to JMK this summer. Never flown them before, anything I should know before booking? Is this a bad idea? Will I likely end up stranded in JMK?

isn't Lauda more or less a department of Ryanair these days ?!

ritesa Apr 13, 2019 3:39 pm

Laudamotion is Ryanair in red.

marcoos Apr 14, 2019 2:30 am

To be precise, Lauda is Ryanair on an Airbus painted white-red. :)

hugolover Jun 16, 2019 9:17 am

Laudamotion are really quite good and in my opinion quite different to FR. Here's my short view.

Firstly, the cabins are configured in a more premium way, I say premium because apparently BArb's LHR configuration vs LGW is more premium, because it has a bulkhead in Row 1 left side at LHR and not at LGW. Lauda have that too, so I'd say it's the same premium cabin as BArb at LHR which is a lot better than FR and EZY.

The crews do not make lots of announcements. There's not a big push to sell like on FR.

In VIE they use air bridges, which maybe is a VIE thing, but thats good.

I've had 6 flights and all arrived on-time.

I personally prefer Airbus 320 to Boeing 737, so that's a bonus.

On KRK-VIE they're head to head with OS who operate twice daily with a crappy Dash at ludicrous fares. Cabin comfort obviously a lot higher than OS. It's a revolution for VIE customers. So your main difference is a higher cabin baggage allowance than OS on a priority ticket, a cabin bag that can go in the plane. But a drink with apple/snack bar on OS.

VIE priority pass lounges not much different to OS SEN/FTL. Very similar poor Do&Co food and drinks. Hot and stuffy lounges like OS, few power sockets like OS.

browan04 Jun 16, 2019 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover (Post 31208175)
Laudamotion are really quite good and in my opinion quite different to FR. Here's my short view.

Firstly, the cabins are configured in a more premium way, I say premium because apparently BArb's LHR configuration vs LGW is more premium, because it has a bulkhead in Row 1 left side at LHR and not at LGW. Lauda have that too, so I'd say it's the same premium cabin as BArb at LHR which is a lot better than FR and EZY.

The crews do not make lots of announcements. There's not a big push to sell like on FR.

In VIE they use air bridges, which maybe is a VIE thing, but thats good.

I've had 6 flights and all arrived on-time.

I personally prefer Airbus 320 to Boeing 737, so that's a bonus.

On KRK-VIE they're head to head with OS who operate twice daily with a crappy Dash at ludicrous fares. Cabin comfort obviously a lot higher than OS. It's a revolution for VIE customers. So your main difference is a higher cabin baggage allowance than OS on a priority ticket, a cabin bag that can go in the plane. But a drink with apple/snack bar on OS.

VIE priority pass lounges not much different to OS SEN/FTL. Very similar poor Do&Co food and drinks. Hot and stuffy lounges like OS, few power sockets like OS.

Thank you for your review! I’m flying Lauda to JMK in July, it was definitely the best option from VIE. I’m going to visit relatives in Burgenland for a couple weeks and decided to give Lauda a try for a weekend away. Your review sounds better than my past experiences with Ryanair but even then cant beat the prices and convenience so fingers crossed.