Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Norwegian flight change-paid for better seats, now reassianged

Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA

This morning I got the dreaded note that D8 has changed my routing from SWF<>SNN to SWF<>DUB due to the MAX8 grounding. While that's bad enough (requires a lengthy bus ride or drive each way since I'm visiting Connemara and Galway), I'm especially angry that the "better" seats I paid extra for were reassigned, with no apparent way of changing them.

Not only am I out $60 in seat fees (I'm fine with paying for extra legroom and not in the middle), but there is no way to get through to an agent. Do I have any recourse here at all or am I completely out of luck? The thought of a trans-Atlantic crossing in a middle seat is something I can NOT deal with as an older person who's on the larger side.

EDITED: Got through to an agent eventually (their phone system was overloaded all morning). Took about an hour and a bit to get through, and in the end they were very helpful, but we'll see if the new seat assignments ultimately clear. If they do, I think all my airline karma may be used up for a while.

Last edited by NJRadioGuy; Apr 1, 2019 at 2:08 pm Reason: Their phone system is working again (wasn't originally)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.