Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Norwegian using A330-300 aircraft from Evelop Airlines (DUB-SWF)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Norwegian using A330-300 aircraft from Evelop Airlines (DUB-SWF)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2019, 8:39 pm

Pan Am Conx some days?

Hi all, Is anyone else noticing that some of these Evelop SWF-DUB flights now say operated by Pan Am Conx A330 and not Evelop? I see this on Kayak for some and not all days in April/May. Any idea if this is real, and the aircraft implications?
Old Apr 21, 2019, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Gold Circle, KrisFlyer, SkyMiles, Tesco Clubcard
Originally Posted by Tobias12
Hi Guys,

I am due to fly with Norwegian on May 9th Dub - Swf. I received a text yesterday saying the flight will be operated by Evelop. I checked out the plane EC-Mii which is an A330 with individual screens on seat backs. My query is this... the text stated there would be limited inflight entertainment. Does this mean it will be disabled. I know Shinny flew a couple of weeks ago and it was all working fine but has anyone flown in the last few day or so and if so what is the story with the IFE??

Thanks in advance. Anyone who is due to fly on this Route please post your experiences here please.
I initially thought the same until I took the flight and saw everyone had an individual unit. Now I think they were referring to how much content they had. They had a good few movies, but the TV shows were very limited. Normally you'd get a couple of episodes of various TV shows. I recall there only being one of each and not that many options.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 5:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by oneworldmonger
Hi all, Is anyone else noticing that some of these Evelop SWF-DUB flights now say operated by Pan Am Conx A330 and not Evelop? I see this on Kayak for some and not all days in April/May. Any idea if this is real, and the aircraft implications?
It's just the IATA airline designator for Evelop (E9), which used to belong to Boston-Maine Airways which again flew feeders for Pan Am as Clipper Connection.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 5:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by duvin
It's just the IATA airline designator for Evelop (E9), which used to belong to Boston-Maine Airways which again flew feeders for Pan Am as Clipper Connection.
In fact CXS was the last airline to have the PanAm brand on its aircraft (till 2008): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston-Maine_Airways
trooper likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:30 am

Thanks for your responses folks
Old Apr 24, 2019, 5:31 pm

Norwegian UK are also leasing

HiFly A340-300 for LGW-MCO
Privilege Style 777-200 for LGW-MIA (this isn't confirmed on their website yet, but friends on the flight have a TXT from Norwegian)
Old Apr 25, 2019, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by CZBB
Norwegian UK are also leasing

HiFly A340-300 for LGW-MCO
Privilege Style 777-200 for LGW-MIA (this isn't confirmed on their website yet, but friends on the flight have a TXT from Norwegian)
Those are both Dreamliner routes...
Old Apr 28, 2019, 5:32 pm

Recent experience with Evelop

My family flew from Dublin (DUB) to Stewart (SWF) on April 29th with Norwegian and the A330 operated by Evelop! In the interest of helping a few other travelers, here is a summary of our experience and a little advice.

Dublin Airport Check in
I am from Dublin and am pretty familiar with DUB Terminal 2, I will just mention a few things that stood out on account of this trip. We arrived at about 11.50 for our 14.30 flight. Usually I would be happy with arriving 2 hours early but I was really glad I got there early. Due to the consolidation of the M8 flights onto just one A330, the airport was jammed. In addition to that, the only other Norwegian flight is at 14.40 to Hamilton CA so the Norwegian team is pretty overwhelmed during this period (be nice to them!). When we got there, there was already a massive line of people waiting to check in. You might be thinking, that’s fine I will check in online and deal with carry-on only… No such luck, you must check in at the airport. Despite the length of the line, it moved pretty quickly. They had eventually opened 10 check in desks by the time I got to the head of the line. We were not checking any bags, but those who were, seemed to be busy unpacking and repacking to meet the limits. A cool feature I noticed in T2, which I have never seen before, is that there is a charity clothes bank right near the check in/repack area, so if you are over limit, at least some good can come of it. They offered to check our cabin bags for free which is think is a great option for most but for this trip we declined. Whole experience took about 50 minutes.

Dublin Airport Security and Pre-clearance (PC)
Normal security is pretty easy and fast in T2, we cleared in 20 minutes. There are lots of food and shopping options available just beyond the checkpoint. Many don’t seem to know, you will actually clear US immigration and boarder control in Dublin before you get on the plane. This is awesome as it basically means that when the plane departs, it is essentially a domestic US flight and the rest of you trip will be like a flight from BOS to LAX. Despite this being awesome, it is a little confusing. First of all, there is basically no food or entertainment on the other side of PC. If you are hungry, eat before heading down to PC, but you have to allow time to get through (maybe 45 minutes before boarding time). The first step in PS is actually TSA. Yep, you do security again. It is a little more lax than stateside TSA, they allow you to bring bottled liquids through and they only scan your stuff (not you). But other silliness like removing shoes is in force. Once you get beyond TSA, you go to Customs and Border Protection (Patrol?) which is a combined check for passport and and customs declaration. There is a facility for “global entry” if you have that. CP took about 25 minutes in total, and most of that time was for TSA. At the gate you can grab a coffee, buy selective duty free, and grab the cheap €1 Plane-waters (great idea DUB!).

Boarding
Boarding was pretty orderly. The area where you board is designed for larger jets, so there is no cramming of people at the gate. The boarding passes had groups, but they never used them, they just boarded by row. Went pretty smoothly. We were in the “cone” of the plane in row 9, so we boarded last. I did realize that no one seemed surprised by the change of plane, I am impressed that Norwegian had communicated this stuff so clearly.

The Jet
The plane was very clean. The staff were very welcoming as we boarded and they looked very professional. There was ample overhead luggage space available, so I think lots of people took advantage of the option to check their carry-on. The entertainment system was simple but effective. It only became operable once we started to taxi, and quickly stopped for the safety video (which is an unpretentious gem by the way). Movie selection was poor, as was tv show options. The system takes a regular earphone jack (unlike the Aerlingus and TAP A330s I recently flew) but NO EARPHONES were provided and I never heard any mention of selling them either. The USB socket was powerful enough to keep my device charged but you do not want to depend on this to charge a dead device. Ultimately I watched entertainment on my own device but I think I could have easily killed the time with the options provided. Seats are leather(ette) and are ROCK hard. I am 6 foot tall and the head rest was too low when fully raised to be useful and the seat pitch is tight. The random guy sitting in the window seat beside me (9L) had to deal with an entertainment box under the seat in front of him so we were banging knees for 6 hours. My kids (12, 9, 7) were fully entertained with the entertainment system throughout. The screen in seat 9G was broken.

The flight
The food service was a Norwegian experience. Same food options as I have seen posted elsewhere. We did not order meals, but the food that I saw looked as good as it usually does on airplanes. Once pre-purchased meals were distributed, they crew came through a second time selling snacks and drinks. They only accept cards, and you prices are in EUR. Bought a coffee for €3, it was fine. Through the grace of good fortune, the lady in front of me did NOT tip her seat back. I think a night flight going in the opposite direction could be tough for those that are on the larger side.

Arrival
Easy! Out of the plane and into my car within 15 minutes of touching down.

Hope that helps!
Old Apr 29, 2019, 5:51 am

Norwegian in last week’s schedule update filed leased aircraft operation for Trans-Atlantic service to/from London Gatwick, gradually commencing from the week of 29APR19. Planned leased aircraft operation for Norwegian Air UK (DI DY D8) as follows.

Evelop Airlines A330-300
early morning flight out/day flight back
London Gatwick – New York JFK eff 03MAY19 6 weekly (DI7013/7014) seems it will have around 30 Business class seats

Hi-Fly A340-300
London Gatwick – Orlando eff 29APR19 7 weekly

Privilege Style 777-200
London Gatwick – Miami eff 29APR19 6 weekly

Wamos Air A330-200
London Gatwick – Chicago eff 01MAY19 3 weekly
London Gatwick – Denver eff 30APR19 3 weekly

Separately, the airline last week extended Evelop A330-300 service for Norwegian Air International (D8) on following route:
Dublin – Newburgh/Stewart Evelop A330-300 service extended till 14SEP19, instead of 31JUL19

more here

https://thepointsguy.co.uk/news/norw...don-us-routes/
Ben Brown and GavinHogan like this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by rog747
Norwegian in last week’s schedule update filed leased aircraft operation for Trans-Atlantic service to/from London Gatwick, gradually commencing from the week of 29APR19. Planned leased aircraft operation for Norwegian Air UK (DI DY D8) as follows.

Evelop Airlines A330-300
early morning flight out/day flight back
London Gatwick – New York JFK eff 03MAY19 6 weekly (DI7013/7014) seems it will have around 30 Business class seats
/
I can confirm my late-June JFK-LGW has been Evelop-ed and they're claiming it still has business class... this should be interesting...
rog747 and ChristineSwallow like this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by ironmanjt
I can confirm my late-June JFK-LGW has been Evelop-ed and they're claiming it still has business class... this should be interesting...
Evelop has three A330s: two have single-class cabin and then only this month they have received a former SQ bird, which has C30Y255 cabin setup.
rog747 likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by Hezu
Evelop has three A330s: two have single-class cabin and then only this month they have received a former SQ bird, which has C30Y255 cabin setup.
Let's hope that's the bird they're planning to use on JFK-LGW then....the ex-SQ seats won't be bad at all for Norwegian's prices...
rog747 and GavinHogan like this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA, AA
I'm now just about a week away from my flight out of SWF. Any idea how far in advance it's necessary to be at the airport (no carryon)? For normal airlines at EWR or JFK, with online checkin, I can budget 2 hours and often 90 minutes is sufficient, but because there's no online checkin, I'm curious if 3 hours is typical at Stewart on a weeknight.
@GavinHogan, On the reverse direction you mentioned that one has to pass U.S. TSA security. Anybody know if TSA PRE-check works at DUB?
Old Apr 29, 2019, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias12
Hi Guys,

I am due to fly with Norwegian on May 9th Dub - Swf. I received a text yesterday saying the flight will be operated by Evelop. I checked out the plane EC-Mii which is an A330 with individual screens on seat backs. My query is this... the text stated there would be limited inflight entertainment. Does this mean it will be disabled. I know Shinny flew a couple of weeks ago and it was all working fine but has anyone flown in the last few day or so and if so what is the story with the IFE??

Thanks in advance. Anyone who is due to fly on this Route please post your experiences here please.
I took screenshots of all the available content in the infotainment system. I can’t post urls here, but you can search for the shots easily on imgur using the title “Evelop! A330 Infotainment DUB-SWF”. Someone with more posts can feel free to post the link here on my behalf.

Originally Posted by NJRadioGuy
@GavinHogan, On the reverse direction you mentioned that one has to pass U.S. TSA security. Anybody know if TSA PRE-check works at DUB?
Didn’t fly out of SWF so can’t help there. TSA pre was not applicable in DUB. FWIW it was useless flying to Portugal last week out of Newark on TAP too.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jun 11, 2019 at 7:35 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same member
Old Apr 29, 2019, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA, AA
I kinda figured. I know TSA PRE is for flying out of US airports with certain airlines, but in this case you'd specifically mentioned that security #2 was American TSA, hence the confusion. From Dublin T2, about how long were you in the airport before boarding? I'm out at 14:30 on a Sunday, and had hoped to not have massive queues to deal with but the more I read the more I think I'll need to budget at least 3 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.