Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Intra-European flight, Alitalia vs Iberia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Hi,
I am trying to book a flight for November, Madrid to Milano (MXP or Linate), and the two nonstop carriers are Alitalia or Iberia. Both are similar in price, Alitalia uses Cityliner E90 and Iberia uses Airbus 330 Sharklet.
I was wondering which airline might be more reliable in terms of not cancelling the flight last minute and leaving me stranded, or if one carrier might be the wiser choice vs the other.
Any suggestions and input are welcome!
Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Iberia Airbus 330 is a far better & bigger aircraft.
And a far more financial stable airline. IAG own IB, BA & EI
IB are in the Oneworld alliance
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by Countrygirl
Hi,
I am trying to book a flight for November, Madrid to Milano (MXP or Linate), and the two nonstop carriers are Alitalia or Iberia. Both are similar in price, Alitalia uses Cityliner E90 and Iberia uses Airbus 330 Sharklet.
I was wondering which airline might be more reliable in terms of not cancelling the flight last minute and leaving me stranded, or if one carrier might be the wiser choice vs the other.
Any suggestions and input are welcome!
Thank you in advance for your assistance.
easyJet also flies nonstop to MXP and is certainly not at risk of going out of business, unlike Alitalia. Their flights for November haven’t been released yet but will be shortly - you’d be wise to keep an eye out for the release as you may grab yourself a bargain compared to IB/AZ.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Thank you for your quick response! How about the Iberia flight, do you think that would be a good choice, or are they on the edge of bankruptcy or other issues too? They have a 8:55 a.m. flight out on the day that I need in November. Your input is appreciated!
Old Mar 28, 2019, 4:55 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Iberia is fine - standard airline (don't expect luxury either). Puntual. If you are OWE/OWS you get free luggage even on HBO fares.

I would choose Iberia above Alitalia.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Perfect!
Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.