Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Baltic

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2019, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

Post Air Baltic

Later this year we are flying Air Baltic from St Petersburg to Copenhagen. What has been your experience with this airline?
Old Mar 23, 2019, 11:10 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by kevsgold
Later this year we are flying Air Baltic from St Petersburg to Copenhagen. What has been your experience with this airline?
Flew with them few years ago HBO. Was very impressed. Polite and friendly crew. One flight on new A220 (avoid exit row, smaller window and noisy) and the second flight on older but well maintained 733. Preordered meals which were tasty and substantial, delivered promptly after take off.
Transferring in RIX was easy and painless... would use them again.
MDtR-Chicago likes this.
Old May 15, 2019, 10:10 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Flew with them last summer from AMS to VNO. The flight was fine. Service was perfectly OK. Like most other airlines. I'd fly on them again without hesitation.
Old May 16, 2019, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
It is an LCC so have the appropriate expectations...
Old May 21, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
I fly them pretty often, really like the new A220's. No big difference between them and Finnair.
salut0 and ffay005 like this.
Old May 21, 2019, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Will be flying Air Baltic in near future. In booking my flights, is it intuitive to add & pay for "selection of seats" and check bags?
How much will be the cost for these extras?
TIA
Old May 22, 2019, 2:51 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
In my opinion, yes. The prices vary a lot according to the flight, I've seen seat prices between €3.99 and €16.99 / flight, baggage prices from €19.99 upwards, more expensive if you add them later.
Old May 22, 2019, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by aapee
No big difference between them and Finnair.
Either Finnair has gone drastically downhill or airBaltic improved in similar fashion since I last travelled with each. Flying airBaltic - the Bombardier/Airbus - again in two weeks ...
Old May 22, 2019, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by aapee
In my opinion, yes. The prices vary a lot according to the flight, I've seen seat prices between €3.99 and €16.99 / flight, baggage prices from €19.99 upwards, more expensive if you add them later.
Thanks for the info.
Baggage prices €19.99 or more? OMG!
Old Jul 13, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
How are BT's flights on the Bombardier Dash-8's? Safe? Reliable?
Old Jul 14, 2019, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by LAX/HKG
Flown yesterday. It was OK.
Extras like checked baggage and seat selection are super expensive during OLCI or at the airport so if you consider buying checked baggage, buy it when you book.

The BoB prices were OK as well
Old Jul 18, 2019, 12:02 am

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Thanks for your response.

Has anybody had any experience with BT in regards to irrop? Did they handle it well?
Old Jul 18, 2019, 2:14 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LAX/HKG
I flew on the Q400s last month, I found them to be very dizzying, especially when seated towards the back. Otherwise, it was alright.

Also flew on their A220s, and it was an above average experience for a LCC. F/As were courteous, and ground staff were actually very nice and accommodating in Paris. The A220 seats were hard like ironing boards though.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 8:02 pm

I am planning for a trip to the Baltic states and checking Air Baltic website for fares. When I checked the price and went ahead to book (after enter passenger name and all the extras like meals or baggage charge and ready to pay for it), it comes back and say the fare I had was not available any more. And then I tried to book a different segment (different route on a different day), and it happened again. I found it rather curious and suspicious that a low fare suddenly jumped by 40 to 50 euros one way. Has anyone had the same experience?
Old Jul 18, 2019, 10:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Clear cookies and tty again. Or use different browser.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.