Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Baltic

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2019, 1:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Plat
Anyone with experience of air baltic customer service? I had a July 5th flight that was delayed to the point where I'm entitled to compensation under EU regulation 261. I filed a flight irregularity claim on the appropriate web form that same day and have heard nothing almost a month later? Any insight into response times, whether I could follow up, etc. "international call rates apply" when calling from the U.S.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 3:42 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Have you to reach them through social media?
Old Jul 28, 2019, 9:13 am

good idea, thanks
Old Jul 30, 2019, 10:03 am

just a heads up that contacting them through Twitter worked. Got a response on Twitter that the case would be addressed by a colleague shortly, and then sure enough a customer service representative contacted me about resolving my inquiry within a day or 2.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Great to know. I'll be flying them soon and will take this into account if I need to contact them.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Thought I would share some booking info about BT in case someone finds useful. I just booked a flight with them and got confused with all the Green options and booked the wrong Green. Called almost right away and asked if my booking could be changed to Green Classic without other cost than price difference. Well, it couldn't, which for some reason surprised me. Also, elite status does not give you checked bag on Green fares, which also sucks.
FFlash likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 1:55 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Ay+ Gold OWS
Originally Posted by Alec84
Thought I would share some booking info about BT in case someone finds useful. I just booked a flight with them and got confused with all the Green options and booked the wrong Green. Called almost right away and asked if my booking could be changed to Green Classic without other cost than price difference. Well, it couldn't, which for some reason surprised me. Also, elite status does not give you checked bag on Green fares, which also sucks.

Yes this sucks big time. I have VIP status and no checked bag includes. Only one sport equipment and hand luggage. How that makes any sense?
Old Aug 11, 2022, 7:44 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Ay+ Gold OWS
Connection was missed and got eu261 compensation in 10days. No questions asked and full price, maybe had to do something with highest status.
MDtR-Chicago and salut0 like this.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 11:00 am

Programs: Finnair Platinum, OWE
I have a few upgrade vouchers expiring at the end of this year. Do I have to fly with upgrades during 2022 or can I book the flights for 2023 and upgrade now using the 31-12-2022 expiring vouchers?
Old Nov 24, 2022, 8:16 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by OHPlatsku
I have a few upgrade vouchers expiring at the end of this year. Do I have to fly with upgrades during 2022 or can I book the flights for 2023 and upgrade now using the 31-12-2022 expiring vouchers?
iirc u need to fly 2022.

btw I am enjoying my vouchers right now, upped two green sectors and cheapo tix. Nice a220 plane and service!
Old Dec 28, 2022, 6:45 am

Any experiences on doing a same-plane turnaround with BT at TLL? I have RIX-TLL and TLL-RIX on separate tickets, the original plan was to spend a couple of hours in Tallinn but BT cancelled the original return flight and rescheduled on the same plane I'm flying in on. I could fly the segments just for fun if it isn't too risky.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 3:46 am

Programs: AY+ Plat / OWE, SQ KrisFlyer, KQ Plat / ST Elite Plus, BT VIP
Any experiences on TKU-RIX/RIX-TKU on a A220? I'm thinking of testing the business class product, but is there any service on such a short flight (1h)?
Old Jun 7, 2023, 9:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
I was going to book TLL-HEL-CPH on Finnair to take advantage of OneWorld status benefits, but the only mileage availability for my date(s) has very very long connections forcing an overnight in HEL. The tier points earned from a paid ticket are derisory -- only 5 per segment -- so I'm considering a nonstop on Air Baltic TLL-CPH which looks cheap at $70 per person.

Nice to hear that they pay out EC261 claims promptly. However, there seems to be only one flight per day TLL-CPH. What happens in case of IRROPS? Would they reaccommodate on another airline? If not, could you fly with them via somewhere else to avoid being delayed an entire day?
Old Jun 7, 2023, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by salut0
Nice to hear that they pay out EC261 claims promptly. However, there seems to be only one flight per day TLL-CPH. What happens in case of IRROPS? Would they reaccommodate on another airline? If not, could you fly with them via somewhere else to avoid being delayed an entire day?
I have no experience on BT IRROPS handling, but at least they have one possible rerouting option on their own metal: via their home base RIX, which has two BT flights to CPH, albeit only one is after the scheduled departure time of TLL-CPH.
salut0 likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2023, 3:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Has anyone bought Planies? I just bought two, which will earn me around 11 000 points at least. Depending on whether the promo will end on 1.4 or not. What do you think, are these of any value or is just some kind of scam?

Also, do these Planies have any resell value at this point or maybe in the future?

Last edited by Alec84; Jun 28, 2023 at 3:49 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.