Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

EU261 policy on weather/fog that delayed aircraft earlier in day at different airport

EU261 policy on weather/fog that delayed aircraft earlier in day at different airport

Old Mar 22, 19, 11:55 am
Original Poster

We are booked tonight for a Belfast - Paris flight on Easyjet. It has been pushed back several times and is close to arriving past the 3 hour mark. On the Easyjet website it lists the reason for the delay as fog in Amsterdam delaying the landing aircraft earlier in the day. I looked up the aircraft and it flew LGW-AMS, (delayed due to fog). Then AMS-STD, then STD-BFS, and now our flight BFS-CDG. Is fog still an extraordinary circumstance for our flight when it was 3 flights ago this morning? Do I have any hope of making a EU261 claim?
Old Mar 23, 19, 2:23 am

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
I am assuming you mean London Stansted, STN as the airport in between AMS and BFS.

Since there was a rotation past a major hub, I am not sure they can excuse themselves with fog earlier in the day But I am not sure. I would lodge the claim, and see what they say.
Old Mar 25, 19, 3:52 am

"knock-on effects" aren't usually considered by themselves to be "extraordinary circumstances", so you should be able to claim
Old Apr 15, 19, 11:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SPG Gold
I lost a claim with Lufthansa on this issue and took it to arbitration. Arbitrator said bad weather earlier in the day that had a knock on effect later in the day did count as extraordinary circumstances