Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Flybmi into administration -all flights cancelled

Old Feb 16, 2019, 11:57 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47267901

British regional airline Flybmi goes into administration, with all its flights cancelled
Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: AC*SE 2MM, Marriott*Plutonium Lifetime, other stuff
Bad news for lots of people, but particularly bad news for City of Derry Airport, unless another airline steps up for the PSO route:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern...-west-47237041

TM
Old Feb 16, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
A very sad day.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have fond memories of BM as a bmi flyer, and did quite a few flights in the closing days of BD because they were often put on GLA-LHR.

Now, 522k pax and 29k flights? That's 18 pax on a flight. On the ER3 that's not even 50% LF. And most routes were ER4.

Shameful of the management to blame Brexit nor the EU. If former BD had gone bust this week, they would have blamed Brexit too. It's just too easy.

So many of their routes seemed to make little sense (LUZ-MUC, really?). LH pocketed all the YQ on the codeshares.

Was there a business case? I sincerely doubt it, because they're now bust.

Is there a single GB AOC airline operating intra-EU flights scheduled left? Does BE still do wetleases for SN? I'm struggling to think of one?
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
Indeed a sad say seeing the remains of BMI finally go.I had many good flights with them before the merger with BA. Ironically I am on holiday in Slovakia with my family having paid for the BA flights into Vienna with miles that were mostly accrued with BMI.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:43 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by hugolover
I have fond memories of BM as a bmi flyer, and did quite a few flights in the closing days of BD because they were often put on GLA-LHR.

Now, 522k pax and 29k flights? That's 18 pax on a flight. On the ER3 that's not even 50% LF. And most routes were ER4.

Shameful of the management to blame Brexit nor the EU. If former BD had gone bust this week, they would have blamed Brexit too. It's just too easy.

So many of their routes seemed to make little sense (LUZ-MUC, really?). LH pocketed all the YQ on the codeshares.

Was there a business case? I sincerely doubt it, because they're now bust.

Is there a single GB AOC airline operating intra-EU flights scheduled left? Does BE still do wetleases for SN? I'm struggling to think of one?
Maybe some kind of subsidy routes?

There could be wetleases around the place and easyJet still seems to be flying under the UK AOC, but they could change overnight (and actually seem to be changing to EU AOC for summer schedule

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.