Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air Italy: transfer Avios from BA? Points to upgrade?

Old Feb 15, 19, 8:20 am
Original Poster

I bought my partner a r/t biz class ticket on Air Italy (ex-Meridiana), and now I want to join him on one leg, but the fare has gone up. Considering booking with miles, if available, or upgrading with miles--does Air Italy offer this option? I'm not seeing this on the website (only a purchased upgrade to gold status...which I don't think comes with flight upgrades?).

Also, is it possible to transfer Avios from BA to Air Italy? Redemption prices are better on Air Italy (60K o/w JFK-MXP, plus fees, presumably, though it doesn't say, vs BA's ~70K, last I looked). Again, I've poked around the websites, but I'm not really seeing anything. Air Italy's site is not...robust.

Thanks.

Last edited by zloneill; Feb 15, 19 at 8:21 am Reason: to add Meridiana, for better search
Old Feb 15, 19, 12:23 pm

You canít transfer avios from BA to Air Italy, but you can book Air Italy flights using avios. You simply do this through the BA Executive Club - log in, do a flight search and if there is availability it will show online.
Old Feb 17, 19, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Thanks--good to know I can't transfer, so I'll stop driving myself crazy looking!

I was aware of the BA award option. It's just pricier than Air Italy's own chart.