Search

easyjet BFS-EDI?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:32 am
Administrator
Original Poster

Programs: Internet Brands
easyjet BFS-EDI?

I hate the fact that I'm on the site on my day off, but I was looking at ways to get from Belfast to Edinburgh in mid-March. Originally I was looking at taking the ferry to Cairnryan and then a bus/train to Edinburgh, but looks like easyjet is cheaper/faster (albeit without the scenery). Only thing that initially stuck out to me was the hand baggage size, as I'll be bringing only a backpack for all my stuff. Anything else I should know about the company?

Should only be an hour flight. Should I anticipate any issues as an American? I would think not, since I'm just travelling between two points in a single county, yeah?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:17 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
No, it's a straightforward service on one of the world's better low cost carriers. You will need ID to board but that's to check you haven't sold on your ticket, other airlines don't require ID. Arriving into EDI you are a domestic passenger for all airports in Ireland including the Republic. easyJet aren't dogmatic about sizes if you are very slightly out but you best conform to the sizes on the website. They are dogmatic on the number of bags, so you will need (e.g.) to pay extra for a front section seat for that second bag - there are various ways to do it. If you are within the hand luggage size (56 x 45 x 25 cm), easyJet will allow you to check it in for GBP 6, to save effort in security.

The land and sea route can be gorgeous in good weather, there is an even more interesting ferry service during summer via Campbeltown and Ardrossan, but easyJet is going to cheaper and massively faster. There are other providers from Northern Ireland to Scotland, such as LDY-EDI on Ryanair, Flybe Virgin Atlantic to Belfast City BHD (note easyJet goes from Aldergrove, Belfast International, BFS some distance from Belfast itself). Glasgow also has services from all 4 Ulster airports too, plus CFN, which puts in a claim for being the most beautiful airport in the world. Same carriers plus Loganair. In all cases the flight time will be very short, indeed shorter than the advertised timings.

Feel free to follow up, there are quite a few options here.
farci and IBJoel like this.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Jan 13, 2019 at 1:24 pm
Old Jan 20, 2019, 1:09 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
BFS has been having security queuing issues recently so make sure you allow plenty of time. BFS-EDI on EasyJet is a good and easy trip, I do it fairly regularly- when not doing ABZ-BHD on FlyBe (As I am tomorrow!)
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:50 am

Keep in mind that the hand baggage allowance (unless you buy priority + 2 cabin bags) is one bag, and they mean one bag only - no extra purse, laptop bag, big wallet etc. - everything except a coat or a bag of duty free must fit in the one bag. I've seen many people caught out by this on my travels with Easyjet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.