Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Norwegian 787 Premium... Seat recommendations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2019, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Iberia Platino,15x Southwest Companion Pass/ Hilton LT Diamond/ Hertz PC, OWEmerald; Marriott Gold

I am flying from ORD to LGW for the first time on Norwegian. i am flying the 787... can anyone recommend where would be the best place to sit in that cabin?

I appreciate your help!
Old Feb 10, 2019, 4:00 pm

You should check the seat map on seatguru.com. Are you flying on a 787-8 or 787-9? Regardless you might want to avoid the first row or the last row...
Old Feb 10, 2019, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Iberia Platino,15x Southwest Companion Pass/ Hilton LT Diamond/ Hertz PC, OWEmerald; Marriott Gold
I have checked SeatGuru. I always avoid the first and last rows.

Im just wondering if you all think would be better. A windows seat or middle section aisle.

I dont want the aisle seats by the window due to the obstruction by the feet.

Old Feb 10, 2019, 4:17 pm

Definitely row 1 for me. Lots of legroom.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:37 pm

Programs: United, Southwest
I flew BOS - LGW RT in May (2018) with the 5 rows of Premium Economy. I believe they squished in another row on some jets. I was in 2G. So the 2nd row, aisle seat. I chose that because I wanted access to my carry on stuff under the seat in front of me. I am not tall so leg room wasn't an issue and only about 15 people would use the toilet on either side.

Bad move on my part! After the meal, everyone reclines. And the recline is great - except you get the seat in front of you pretty much in your face. Impossible for me to reach down under the seat unless I got on my knees in the aisle. Pretty near impossible for the guy next to me to get out without starting a serious physical relationship with me. So if I were to fly them again, I would pick the bulk head, row 1, and just get my stuff down from the overhead bin when I was allowed to.

On my flight the FAs were pretty quiet, not even really around after the meal service, so being in row one wasn't
I would also bring your own travel pillow or a coat to roll up for lumbar support. The seat is better than coach but I did not find it all that comfortable. They handed out blankets but no pillows. Also, BRING YOUR OWN WATER. I was given one 16 oz bottle for the entire flight. I'd also bring my own food/snacks. It's not a business class meal by any stretch.

Re-reading your original post, I would NOT pick the window unless you plan on not getting up the entire flight. There is no way out without getting the aisle person to get up. Even then, brush up on your yoga!

That said, the price was good for what it was. I was very uncomfortable on the way over, much better on the way back with my pillow and extra water. As I recall the entertainment options were pretty good. Earphones were cheap ear buds.
feysul likes this.

Last edited by WheelsUpGal; Feb 11, 2019 at 6:50 pm Reason: clarification
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN, JB, Hilton Honors, Starwood
I flew BOS to LGW in June. Did row one and two aisle. I did prefer row one.

ML
WheelsUpGal and feysul like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.