Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Booking on IcelandAir through Priceline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking on IcelandAir through Priceline

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2019, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus
Question Booking on IcelandAir through Priceline

Hello,

It seems booking through a third party can be a tricky business when it comes to baggage fees. So I am trying to be careful here. It's much cheaper to book through Priceline than directly through IcelandAir for the dates I will be traveling to KEF. But I do need the fare class with at least one checked baggage. Looking at the IcelandAir site it seems Economy Standard is such an option (just a cut above their basic Economy Light option.) The IcelandAir fare page on Priceline comes up with a section called Upgrade Options. In that section are a listing of different fare classes that correspond exactly to what's on the IcelandAir site -- Economy Light, Economy Standard, Economy Flex, Saga Premium, Saga Premium Flex. That's encouraging. I choose Economy Standard (for which the additional cost is $90), and click next. I land at a page where I need to enter passenger information.. From there I shortly end up at the payment page. I mean, seems to me, that Priceline is clearly allowing me to choose the option I want/need, and that ought to meet IcelandAir's policy. Any comments about this? I want to make sure I am doing my due diligence here, because I am hearing that if you buy through a third party then IcelandAir tends to be a little impatient in terms of fielding queries/clarification. They want you to go to the third party. The third party here is Priceline -- fairly reputable from what I know. I have used them in the past. I should be okay, right?

Now, under the ticket summary (payments page on Priceline), I notice it says: "Baggage fees are not included in total cost." I assume that's because no explicit payment has been made for additional baggage as such. In this case it is (or should be) covered by my choice of fare class (Economy Standard.) Am I correct in estimating this?

Any insights regarding this will be highly appreciated. Obviously I don't want to run into confusion at the nick of time.

Thanks!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.