Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Norwegian - differential on US vs France Fares

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler

We're looking at a one way flight this summer returning from Paris to NYC. Cost is about 12% less after converting euros to dollars when entering through the France portal vs. the US. portal. Any problem with a US citizen and resident buying though the France portal?...my credit card doesn't charge any fees on euro transactions.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
I bought ARN-LAX flight from the Norwegian site last year, instead of the US site, for a flight that took place a couple of months ago. I want to say it was $30 cheaper than purchasing on the US site, but I don't remember the exact savings. No issue for my flight.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 8:10 pm

This trick, or very similar (usually Norwegian site), has been in use for years with Norwegian and I've never read of any problems.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
We are talking about First World (relatively) free countries here so there's no problem in contract law or anything like that. The only potential problem comes with Immigration which might demand to see evidence of a return ticket (or departing ticket) if it's not obvious from the APIS information the officer has in front of him.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:57 am

I have booked several times on Norway site, saving hundreds of dollars. One tip, while booking on the Norway site, follow along with the US site on another device. The web pages are identical so it makes translation very easy. There is one difference between the sites, the Norway site has some extra charges for credit or debit card booking. I think it asks you if you are using a company card and charges more for that. But overall very easy, considerable savings and no problems so far.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
We are talking about First World (relatively) free countries here so there's no problem in contract law or anything like that. The only potential problem comes with Immigration which might demand to see evidence of a return ticket (or departing ticket) if it's not obvious from the APIS information the officer has in front of him.
Given that the OP lists NY as his/her place of residence (and I assume (s)he's not lying, the chances that immigration in the US will ask for proof of the existence of a return ticket are zero!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.