Wiki Posts
Search

Norwegian lost luggage incident

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2018, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G, SK-EBB, DL-G, IB-Silver Marriott Gold , HHonors Gold, SHG Gold
Norwegian lost luggage incident

I was just wanting to get some advice on how to handle an incident with arrival from MAD (Madid) at JFK where the bag did not arrive on the carousel. I was flying with Norwegian Premium and had one bag checked at MAD. The check in was well over 2 hours prior to the flight.

The flight was delayed due to 'enhanced' security at MAD where 15 passengers were being held and baggage confirmed to be on-board. I was in 1G and overheard all conversations of the flight crew as they were being informed of the incident and the discussion about the baggage being checked in the hold.

Boarding pass and claim check provided and normal lost baggage report was placed. The agent stated they could not advise me as to the fact that the bag was scanned to be in the hold at MAD due to Norwegian not allowing them access to their system. They did not scan my boarding pass or documents as some other carriers have done and I had the boarding pass and baggage tag in my possession.

I was only having a one night stay in New York City and my visit had now been destroyed due to this missing bag and a meeting this morning and event last evening had to be cancelled due to me not having proper clothing or outerwear.

Therefore I took the time to try to contact a station manager at the service desk at check in and ask them to contact Norwegian Air operations to try to get an answer only to get the information whether my bag had made the aircraft at MAD or not. When the 'supervisor' stated she did not have access, would not contact them directly and refused to provide any assistance, I asked that she give me a note stating that I had asked for the EU compensation rules for EU Carriers from EU departure cities and she stated she did not have the rules and I also asked her to give me a notation that Norwegian did not allow her to give me status on whether my bag made the aircraft at MAD or not.

I asked this as a question due to a previous incident I had with another carrier and just needed those facts noted for me to peruse the matter. None of this was presented in a threatening or argumentative tone. I did notice that the entire time I was talking with her a security agent for Aviation Port Service was standing there listening to the discussion the entire time. The agent stepped away and said she would go 'upstairs' to see if she could reach them, but in actuality was just retrieving baggage for a Danish couple.

Then what happened next became very concerning. While I was talking with the 'supervisor' upon return someone had come to the desk and had removed my boarding pass and baggage claim check from the desk. After these turned up missing a 'manager' that would not identify herself came up and started to be very aggressive with me and trying to make this incident into a fight. I was shocked with the escalation and had to leave, now without my boarding pass and claim check as they had been 'removed' from my possession.

I have written a claim to Norwegian about compensation now just for the delayed baggage. I did not mention the theft of my boarding pass and claim check in this as it seems like I should just let them handle the delayed bag incident first.

Even though Norwegian have now had over 10 hours of operations and had 8 hours of operations after my flight departed yesterday, my bag is showing on the report website as still being missing even with the 18 hours of Norwegian operations at MAD.

Are there any steps I need to take at this point other than those taken? How should I pursue the issue with the confiscated boarding pass and claim check from the agent with Aviation Port Services at JFK?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.