Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Norwegian Air UK (DI) blocking seats to make flight look full

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2018, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF

Looking at the seat map below for my upcoming flight, 25 GBP seems very tempting to ensure I get one of the few remaining non-middle seats (pic cut off at row 27 due to screen cap but the same trend continues farther back in the plane)...

But EF tells a different story:

The flight is still almost completely empty. Now, that is bound to change as checkin opens and seats are assigned and obviously there's no guarantee of an aisle or window at checkin, but I can't help thinking that blocking a bunch of random seats is extremely deceptive for people who may not know any better.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 6:56 am

I've found AA also do this. When the checkin opens there is always more seats available. It's just to try and incentivize you to buy a seat.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
Originally Posted by James91
I've found AA also do this. When the checkin opens there is always more seats available. It's just to try and incentivize you to buy a seat.
That is sort of true, although those seats are available to AA elites. So they do not show up on EF as "seat block", rather they show up as "premium" or something like that. These seats seem to be blocked such that nobody can choose them. Admittedly though I am not all that familiar with DI.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.