Premium options USA-Iceland

Old Oct 11, 18, 10:48 am
J S
Original Poster

Premium options USA-Iceland

I am looking at options for NYC-KEF. It looks like my options are "Saga" on Iceland Air and "Premium" on Wow. Does anyone have any experience with either (or preferably both) and can give some comparison. I have found little in the way of reviews of Wow Premium (and poor reviews of Saga). Suggestions?

Thanks.
Old Oct 11, 18, 11:45 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Red, OZ Silver
I like Icelandair Saga Class, but it's essentially the same as US domestic first. WOW's Premium service, AFAIK, is similar to AA MCE. Saga Class also provides lounge access.
Old Oct 11, 18, 12:19 pm
J S
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Skatering View Post
I like Icelandair Saga Class, but it's essentially the same as US domestic first. WOW's Premium service, AFAIK, is similar to AA MCE. Saga Class also provides lounge access.
Thanks, @Skatering. The pictures for Wow show a seat that seems a slight upgrade from domestic F (it has a foot rest, but width and pitch at ~37" seems consistent with domestic F), but I am trying to confirm that with someone who has actually flown Wow in Premium (seems pretty new, so reviews are hard to find).
Old Oct 15, 18, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG75K, accidental DL FO, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by J S View Post
Thanks, @Skatering. The pictures for Wow show a seat that seems a slight upgrade from domestic F (it has a foot rest, but width and pitch at ~37" seems consistent with domestic F), but I am trying to confirm that with someone who has actually flown Wow in Premium (seems pretty new, so reviews are hard to find).
I flew it this summer STL-KEF-STL. WOW premium is similar in many ways to domestic F. On the A321 I flew, the front two rows were 2x2 seating with large recliner seats (actually perhaps a bit more comfortable than some domestic F flights), while the rest of the plane was 3x3 standard coach seats. You can preorder a meal (although it's basically Y food), and unlimited alcoholic beverages are included, although you'll be served with plastic cups. It's also notable that they apparently sell empty premium seats last-minute to people who don't have full premium fares, so the FAs actually check their paperwork to ensure you're on a premium fare (otherwise, you don't get the all-inclusive perks).

It's way cheaper than buying a legacy airline business class fare to Iceland (about 1/10th the price in my case). I went in expecting the worst, but I found the overall experience surprisingly positive.
Old Oct 16, 18, 4:08 am

Programs: VS Gold
I believe Delta offer a JFK-KEF service on a domestically configured 757, with the seats up front sold as international Premium Economy.