Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

FlyBe and the 24 hour cancellation rule

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2018, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I stupidly booked some flights last night with FlyBe on their cheapest bucket and then realised this morning that I needed to cancel them. Having booked plenty flights with BA, I assumed that I would be covered under the 24hour cancellation rule (especially because I have used such rule with Ryanair before which made me think it was a statutoory protection).

The agenet on the phone said that for cheapest fares no such rule exists. At this point it seems like one to chalk upto experience and move on, but before I do, I thought I'd check here. Was the agent right, or do I have protections within 24hours...the info from a google search seems quite patchy.

Thanks
Old Sep 18, 2018, 5:55 am

It's a statutory protection in the US.

In Europe, no such rule exists. Some carriers offer it anyway, but there's nothing requiring them to do so except on flights covered by US law.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Oh well, experience then.

Thanks for for your help 🙏
Old Sep 18, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA Silver
The agent was right. You can see all the details at this link. On Just Fly fare you can only get APD back but Ł25 is subtracted.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I really thought the 24 hour cancellation policy was a rule in Europe, that all countries adhered to. It certainly exists in Germany and Switzerland and I have often used it. However, I have learned something new tonight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.