Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Change/Cancel/NoShow IcelandAir ticket bought with Chase UR Points?

Old Sep 9, 2018, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Hi All,
I recently booked a RT IcelandAir ticket from CPH to JFK with Chase UR points through Chase's online portal. After I booked the ticket, I received news that will now make it very difficult for me to make my initial flight out of CPH. Most likely, I will have to leave the day after.

My understanding is that if I miss the initial flight out for any reason that they'll cancel my return flight automatically (which would mean that simply doing a no show for the initial flight and buying a new one-way ticket out of CPH could not be an option). Change fee is $300, which is almost the price of a new RT ticket leaving the next day, so that's ridiculous.

I tried calling IcelandAir to see if they would be able to make some kind of exception for me, or perhaps just give me a break on the change fee, but after waiting for close to an hour on hold, the call dropped just as they were about to connect me. Have not tried calling them again.

What do you think is my best course of action? Do I need to swallow the loss and simply book a new RT ticket, or is there any way I can do better than that? Also, if you think there's a better forum for me to post this in, please let me know.

This is my first time posting on FT so big thanks for any advice and words of wisdom you might have!
Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:28 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk, ezflyer2900. I am moving your thread to the Other European Airlines Forum. That is where you will find discussions about Iceland Air.
Good Luck...
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.