Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Czech Air - Cancelled Flight Compensation

Old Jul 15, 18, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Hi

My wife and I were booked on a flight from PRG to BUD on June 3 at 10 am. At 9:30, they cancelled the flight and rebooked us on the next flight, which was at 6:00 pm. They gave us a 200 CZK food voucher, and a copy of EC 261. I filed a claim with Czech air while in the lounge, and I believe that we should be entitled to 250 Euros each. We were told that the cancellation was due to a mechanical issue.

After reading EC 261, I believe that the airline has 6 weeks to respond. Well, today is 6 weeks, and I haven't heard anything. Does anyone have any information about who at the airline I should contact?

Thanks
Old Jul 16, 18, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Rust: BA
Originally Posted by arrosen View Post
After reading EC 261, I believe that the airline has 6 weeks to respond.
There is nothing in the text of the regulation about a deadline for the airline to respond, and no mention at all of a period of 6 weeks, in any context.

Did you receive any acknowledgment of receipt of your original claim?

You should only use the prescribed contact details for these kind of claims; just ringing around randomly trying to talk to people in Czech Airlines won't help. You need to contact the specific department that handles these claims. If you did not lodge your initial claim via this specific complaint form then you should do so now.
Old Jul 17, 18, 4:20 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
After 6 weeks, you can contact the Czech CAA.

I'm not sure if 6 weeks is something that comes from the EC regulation, implementation guidelines, or Czech law, but the CAA is pretty clear in that you should file a complaint with them if you haven't heard back in 6 weeks after submitting the claim.

FWIW: I had a flight delay due to mechanical that caused me to lose a connection. I submitted a claim through form, after 4 weeks sent a reminder to an email I found online (saying I will be forced to forward to CAA and consider other lawful steps), in another week they confirmed my claim.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: